IGNORED

Breath of the wild 2 - I’m calling it (2020 thread bump) / Nintendo Direct 2/17

phart010

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Too late. We’ve already talked about it. Nintendo will just send a spy to this forum. He’ll gain our trust by showing a picture of a whole pallet of Stadium Events. Then he’ll ship one to each of us to get our home addresses. Then we’ll give him access to the super secret thread and he’ll bust the whole operation.

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

The guy in charge of WayForward (developer of Shantae), has already expressed interest in remaking Zelda 2 on Twitter.

With that said, Miyamoto has stated publicly that he hates Zelda 2.

Ahh that would explain it.  Total bait dangling with the stadium events, gets you every time.

That would be nice, sounds kind of familiar too.  But I do remember something about that with Miyamoto.  I imagine it bugs him when it gets reissued too if he hates it that much.  It's funny, that #2 is like the polar opposite.  Zelda2 has it's fans, he hates it.  SMB2 gets trolled by sheep, yet about a decade ago Miyamoto claimed in an IGN interview it was his favorite.  Go figure.

Events Team · Posted

Skyward Sword HD just announced, available July 16th, as well as some Skyward Sword-themed Joy-Cons. Figured it was inevitable! They also did indeed say that they're still working on Breath of the Wild 2 and that they'll have more to announce later on in the year, as I expected. Kind of sad there wasn't a new trailer or anything, but I'm not surprised, they can take as much time as they need for it.

No announcement for ports of Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD to Switch though, which I was kind of expecting alongside Skyward Sword HD.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

A little disappointing, but decent. Mario Golf: Super Rush and Splatoon 3 were the highlights.

Splatoon 3 was a big surprise to me. I figured they would've saved that for whatever the next console after the Switch is, I definitely didn't expect them to make two Splatoon games for the same console. I guess it has been over 3 years since 2 came out though, so I suppose it has been a little while.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

But yeah, I agree with MegaMan. A tad disappointing, but to be honest that's not entirely unusual with Nintendo Directs. And it wasn't outright terrible like some have been in the past, it was definitely alright, had a few good announcements in there. I'm just craving more Zelda stuff once we get to the Zelda anniversary, haha. I'm OK with them saving some stuff up for that.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm still catching up, but yes, those new Joy Cons look awesome.  I mean, if I get them, I get them, but if not, no big deal.  As far as Skyward Swords is concerned, I'm really glad they offer the option to play without motion controls.  

Yeah, while I personally never had any issues with the motion controls, the option to play it without motion controls is definitely a fantastic addition, and hopefully it'll get people who didn't like Skyward Sword due to the motion controls to give it a second chance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Splatoon 3 was a big surprise to me. I figured they would've saved that for whatever the next console after the Switch is, I definitely didn't expect them to make two Splatoon games for the same console. I guess it has been over 3 years since 2 came out though, so I suppose it has been a little while.

I'm happy Splatoon fans get their thing, but man I always think of the quote "What do you want from F-Zero that we haven’t done before?" as the reason Nintendo won't give us more F-Zero games. Literally every Nintendo announcement today was a sequel, remake, or DLC. Famicom Detective Club is getting more support than F-Zero, I'm dyin' here 😭. Just give us an HD fast as balls F-Zero game while you're capitalizing on all your existing IP pleaaaaase.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm happy Splatoon fans get their thing, but man I always think of the quote "What do you want from F-Zero that we haven’t done before?" as the reason Nintendo won't give us more F-Zero games. Literally every Nintendo announcement today was a sequel, remake, or DLC. Just give us an HD fast as balls F-Zero game while you're capitalizing on all your existing IP pleaaaaase.

That would've been a nice announcement to spice up the direct, haha. Oh well, hopefully one day...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm happy Splatoon fans get their thing, but man I always think of the quote "What do you want from F-Zero that we haven’t done before?" as the reason Nintendo won't give us more F-Zero games. Literally every Nintendo announcement today was a sequel, remake, or DLC. Just give us an HD fast as balls F-Zero game while you're capitalizing on all your existing IP pleaaaaase.

Totally agree. That would rock!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, while I personally never had any issues with the motion controls, the option to play it without motion controls is definitely a fantastic addition, and hopefully it'll get people who didn't like Skyward Sword due to the motion controls to give it a second chance.

I've never actually played it, but while I always enjoyed motion controls, I always thought they worked better in shorter party style games where you didn't plan to play for very long.  I never liked the concept of using motion controls for full length video games such as Zelda, Mario or Metroid games.  I will almost certainly give the HD remake of Skyward Sword a try.  

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

People set themselves up for disappoinment when they go in with specific expectations.  The secret is to expect nothing (which is ironic considering I had the closest prediction). 

Of course it never hurts that I'm generally easy to please. I just learned about 5+ more games I'll be adding to my shelves. *shrug*

• Like 1