IGNORED

Which chunk of years is your Nostalgia?

GPX

Which consecutive years were your most memorable one?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Years:

• 85-89
    • 90-94
    • 95-99
    • 2000-04
    • 2005-09
    • 2010-14
    • 2015-20

Had several wow, this shit is awesome times during my gaming years and so many I remember so fondly and so much I still hold dear in my thoughts, and once in a great while revisit, I just don't stick around for as long as I used to with them when I do. Most nostalgic were the NES, SNES and Playstation. Going to go with the Playstation because at the time that was a whole new thing, felt light years beyond anything else even with other similar consoles out.

I put 2005-2009 as the most memorable. It's maybe not the most nostalgic and it doesn't even have my favorite games, but the technical leaps and console war was amazing. If I could go back to one E3, it would be 2006. Multiple times in a row my mind was being blown: Battlefield 2, FEAR, Oblivion, Crysis. Crazy time. Games still don't look that much better than Crysis. That was 13 years ago, 13 years before Crysis was Doom!

Otherwise the late 90s with my fellow millennials playing Smash Bros, Goldeneye, and Unreal Tournament.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

I settled on 95-99, but it could honestly be earlier and later. I loved Atari and nes from an early age, moved on as consoles progressed playing at friends houses and in the 95-99 era was fully obsessed, collecting followed and around 07 I stopped and wasn't interested in buying into the current gen at that time(wii, ps3, 360)

So my nostalgia would really be like 88-07

You know how you sometimes here that someone wishes they were born in a different time period because they identify with that time period more?  Well I for one believe I was born in exactly the right time to form my most nostalgic video gaming memories and such, if you get what I mean.  If I was born later, I doubt NES/SNES games for example wouldn't be at all the same without getting to grow up in that era. 😞