IGNORED

Does someone on here have a signed Michael Jackson's Moonwalker?

RH

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Gloves said:

Heritage and Wata are partners, what do you expect?

The volatility of vintage games is comparable to that of stocks. With the amount of money changing hands for some of these games and only privileged people getting access to that information treads the line of insider trading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

The volatility of vintage games is comparable to that of stocks. With the amount of money changing hands for some of these games and only privileged people getting access to that information treads the line of insider trading.

Honestly, it could actually be crossing that line. The SEC, IIRC can regulate any market and I think when "investing" starts to become a real market mover and the numbers become huge (as in multiple billions of dollars a year in transactions) they start to pay attention. This is what happened in cryptocurrency as it's popularity picked up.

Regardless, I don't think this is done in the art market, much less comics and ball cards so I doubt the SEC would look into such allegations. WATA and Heritage or GoCollect might be breaking some laws, or at least operating in a legal grey area, but don't expect the SEC to look into it any time soon. They have bigger fish to pursue and catch.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...