IGNORED

Super Mario 3D All Stars Reveal

KokiriChild

I've been playing Sunshine and its been a little difficult to go back to tbh. The camera/FLUDD controls are unintutive and the 3D platforming is frustrating at points.

I'm still getting some enjoyment out of it, but it might have been best left in my memories.

I'm sure I'll have a much better time with Galaxy.

17 hours ago, OptOut said:

IMG20200920030700.thumb.jpg.58e92556228e487ee37860bad2c69975.jpg

That clock is accurate, and for those wondering YES, that is A.M.

Let's finish the fight.

I’m kinda jealous, not because you get to play some hot Mario action with updated graphics. But because you’re able to play until 3am with a wife and kid!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’m kinda jealous, not because you get to play some hot Mario action with updated graphics. But because you’re able to play until 3am with a wife and kid!

You are correct to be jealous of me, for that reason and many more! 😘

In all seriousness though, it's not something I can make much of a habit of, without dying on my feet at work during the week! I'm going to bed nice and early tonight to be up bright and early for Monday morning!

But, felt like a special occasion and I told myself I was gonna beat the game in one sitting, and by God I did it, lol! Obviously the Switch makes that a lot easier, seeing as I could simply play in bed with the Mrs. snoring next to me. But once I hit like 8% battery I was like, shit, gonna have to move this party downstairs, lol! 😅

For those who continue to care, I'm about to hit 100 stars BTW, probably hit 120 tomorrow evening after work, then on to Sunshine! 🥳

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cepp said:

I've been playing Sunshine and its been a little difficult to go back to tbh. The camera/FLUDD controls are unintutive and the 3D platforming is frustrating at points.

I'm still getting some enjoyment out of it, but it might have been best left in my memories.

I'm sure I'll have a much better time with Galaxy.

One thing I dislike about the controls is you can't invert the vertical look on fludd. I think it was like that for GC too but still annoying since almost all 'shooters' give you the option. The two spray buttons are definitely less than ideal as well. Edit: didn't read the previous page where this was already discussed.

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

It's been emotional, but all good things come to an end!

IMG20200921234844.thumb.jpg.f83be7aeac2c8e3cac5a206de5380182.jpg

I really like this version of the game, I think the speed boost is a refreshing change of pace, and visually it looks really nice.

However, I personally prefer the control on the original N64, I think the joycon analogue sticks are too small, and they're too smooth, so you can't always properly gauge exactly which direction you're pointing them by feel alone. I'll probably go back to playing the N64 version for my future replays of the game, although it will be nice to have this as an option moving forward if I want a change of pace.

Anyway, with that out of the way, on to Sunshine! Ciao! 😎

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

Good thread!  I got the game on release day and started 64.  Haven't gotten very far...was busy cleaning out the garage this weekend.

However, I did manage to snag a set of the Mario pins tonight on the Nintendo site (the giveaway they are doing for buying 3D All-Stars).  It was a pain to snag them, as everyone was hitting Nintendo's website at once, but I did manage to redeem the code.  Some fools on eBay are already trying to pawn these pins off for $125 up to $1250.  Un-freaking-believable.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, Space Jockey said:

Since I never played much if Sunshine due to not really liking the controls and having a hard time with them, I can say after playing for awhile now with a pro controller that I think its much better now and I can enjoy the game more for what it was meant to be.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:57 AM, OptOut said:

Just finished up making Bianco Hills my bitch!

So far, so good! No problems with controls or anything, seems to actually work better with Joy cons than 64 does. Game looks absolutely fantastic, bright colourful and fresh, better than ever!

Let's a-go! 😄

15 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

But then episode 6 of the very first level is more challenging than literally the entire game of SM64. I can’t hate you SMS.

@themisfit138 "I finished up 64 and started Sunshine. It feels to me like Sunshine is easier to play on Switch. The camera doesn’t fight me as much as on GC, the FLUDD controls are easier, and Mario’s controls are all around better."

Could this be the definitive version of Sunshine? I kind of want to give it a go with a Pro Controller now. Although it shall have to wait until SM64 and Galaxy are completed first.

Edited by DoctorEncore

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

@themisfit138

Could this be the definitive version of Sunshine? I kind of want to give it a go with a Pro Controller now. Although it shall have to wait until SM64 and Galaxy are completed first.

It could well be. It plays spot-on, according to how the GCN version plays, and it looks amazing!

Personally, I prefer what they have done here with this game to what they did with 64, feels a lot more authentic.

I guess what I would say so far is that 3D all-stars won't replace Mario 64 on original hardware for me, but it will definitely replace Mario Sunshine on GameCube.