IGNORED

Super Mario 3D All Stars Reveal

KokiriChild

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Which of the 3 games will you guys be playing first?

I'm tempted to jump into Sunshine since I've never played it before, but 64 is an alluring game.

I'm playing through all the Super Mario games for the anniversary. I'm up to Super Mario World and then will do Yoshi's Island. After that I'll do the 3 on this set in order. 

• Like 1

I'm tempted to jump into Sunshine since I've never played it before, but 64 is an alluring game.

I've never played through 64 or Galaxy so I'll probably start with the granddaddy of 3D platformers, then move onto Galaxy. I enjoyed Sunshine quite a bit when it was first released but I have no desire to play through it again.

• Wow! 1

My thought was Sunshine as well because I've always wanted to try it.  However, all 3 games will be new for me.  I've technically played all 3, but for not more than 5 or 10 minutes.

However, the copy I ordered is technically a gift for my kids, so we might not be playing it until the next birthday or maybe Christmas.  

Maybe I will open it and play it at night when my kids are sleep.  Funny story.  My brother and I got an SNES for Christmas the year it came out.  I found out several years later that my Dad had been playing the SNES the night before Christmas while my brother and I were asleep.  So I might as well keep the tradition going.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Same, same, same.  I don't know which one I'll settle down on and actually play through first, but I'll probably start each one and get to a save point in each game before I decide.  I played SM64 and Galaxy when they were released, so Sunshine is the one that I'm by far the least familiar with.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Order of release, 64 > Sunshine > Galaxy, since the latter two I haven't played at all, and SM64 is highly overdue for a replay on my part.

• Like 1

100 percented Mario 64 too many times.  

By the time Sunshine came out, I was on fence about whether I’ve had it with video games.. that was a dark period. Me and my bro’s beat sunshine but it was a strange enough game that I was mostly turned off to gaming after around that time. So by the time Wii came out my brother played Galaxy And I’d watch sometimes but never really played it.

Fast forward to collecting years and I’ve given the first few levels of Galaxy a try and yes it’s awesome. Wish it came out when I was a kid and had time to REALLY play it. Since Switch is handheld I’ll be finally beating Galaxy.

Just gonna rip through them in order. Been itching to play sunshine again and haven't played galaxy in some time either. 

I don't see any significant dlc coming with this except maybe a fix for any potential bugs. Nintendo usually stays very faithful to past release games by keeping them as is. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

Then the game would be bound to a fake New Zealand account you set up just to get a 24 year old game "early". Are you sure that's worth it? 😛

Some shops aren't that smart.  All you have to have is an IP address in the area, so if you have a VPN with a server in New Zealand as an option, you're good to go.

Disclaimer*. I have no clue what I'm talking about with the Switch.  It all depends on how thorough Nintendo wanted to be about it.  I know some app stores (like Apples) were extremely easy to "hack" this way.

1 hour ago, RH said:

Some shops aren't that smart.  All you have to have is an IP address in the area, so if you have a VPN with a server in New Zealand as an option, you're good to go.

Disclaimer*. I have no clue what I'm talking about with the Switch.  It all depends on how thorough Nintendo wanted to be about it.  I know some app stores (like Apples) were extremely easy to "hack" this way.

I’ve made a Japan eshop account. You have to use a different email address that’s what you are using for you American eshop account. Also, they don’t take most American credit cards, so you have to go to playAsia and buy Japan eshop credit and manually load it to your account. But besides that, you can have multiple different eshop accounts tied to a single switch. And once you buy a game with any account, it is playable by all accounts on your Switch. It’s actually pretty streamlined.

Id imagine the process is same for New Zealand

• Thanks 1

Okay, I briefly loaded up SM64 and it seems pretty good. The graphics are very sharp and colorful. Maybe a bit too sharp, losing a little of that fuzzy N64 charm. No new camera controls. Everything else seems about as expected. I'll be interested in hearing the opinions of people who actually know these games better than I do.