IGNORED

Has demand dropped on eBay?

MiamiSlice

You guys see High Score on Netflix? The woman in charge of bringing NP to America says something along the lines of, "There are millions of these so don't go buying them on eBay" w.r.t. NP issue #1. I bet a lot of people watching instantly looked up Nintendo Power issue #1 as they watched. This was on the rise but I'm not super shocked at the price spike either.

I also think selling is down too... Same old tired listing on eBay for a lot of the things I still casually search for.

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

57 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

You guys see High Score on Netflix? The woman in charge of bringing NP to America says something along the lines of, "There are millions of these so don't go buying them on eBay" w.r.t. NP issue #1. 

I think she actually said don’t go selling it because everyone has it. I’ve been thinking about it nonstop... like did she even check??? 

She is right, there are a heap of the first one.  They gave it out free to all sorts of people, not just those who already were on the Fun Club run.  It got passed out to anyone who ever dropped a name/address with NOA and I think there were other avenues too as they wanted to push it everywhere to get a subscriber base.  I found it more confusing that #2 isn't worth more than the first given the lame controversy over the decapitated clearly obviously fake dracula head, and it being the first paid magazine too.

I'm just glad I got both of them out of a large lot of 30 mini inserts+magazines last month that averaged I think to like $7 an actual magazine.  NP1 was fairly jacked up but intact while #2 is in amazing shape.

As far as ebay demand goes I'm not sure, I've not really seen that much of a decline, but I also don't go peddling $100+ stuff that often.  I guess I'll have to see how long it takes to move my Duo as I'm not asking an out of line price on it(ie: not pandemic pricing it.) 😄

I've said it for 7 years now. Quarter 3 is the slowest for retail sales. Video games are no different. There are always a few hold over games but buying picks up again Q4 and goes drive through the end of Q2. 

Tis the way of the world. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

This definitely isn't limited to just games. I bought a $35 two-person tent around this time last year that suddenly became a $140 tent. Now it's back down to $50 and I'd suspect it'll drop back down to the original $35 pretty soon. I've heard the exact same thing has happened to recreational things like jetskis and bikes, as well as pools, TVs, grills, and anything else that is even remotely entertaining. 

Yeah but all that is seasonal and the COVID stay-at-home era drove prices up like crazy on the second-hand market for anything like that. Not a good comparison.

OTOH, torching my own observation, Nintendo Power‘a are still fetching crazy prices. But maybe that cools off soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my stuff is still selling for top dollar. Condition seem to be the defining factor. I sold a copy of Kirby Air Ride for $60 instantly despite it being the greatest hits version bc it was in perfect condition. Same thing seems to be true for basically everything else I have sold vs what is just sitting around getting views and watchers. 

The stuff that is truly near mint is flying off the shelf for top dollar and anything with a flaw is sitting around. 

• Like 1