IGNORED

Is there a 'console intro' that you are partial to?

Nintegageo

10 hours ago, CMR said:

NES and SNES because they don't have one.  Get out of the way and let me play my game.

You're missing the point of this thread.  The point is to embrace the induced Stockholm Syndrome that was waiting for a mini-computer to have to start up, load driver data and get running.

I think the blue background GBA intro like you saw on the packaging would've been a lot nicer.  As for the Sega CD intro, can you have that when starting a Sega CD game with the Mega Everdrive Pro?  I like the first one best personally (the one used in the CD1 or front loader)

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, Xbox OG, GB/GBA, and Saturn are etched into my mind permanently and kudos to the designers to making memorable intros. However, the one theme I am partial to the most is the Sega CD, both 1 and 2 models. I got both my models that needed repair and getting the intro to pop up was such a reward for fixing theme.

• Like 1

Absolutely ps1!!

Followed by Dreamcast, xbox then ps2 and gamecube

I have a SCPH - 1001 ps1 hooked up as my cd player in my home stereo setup for fun (but it's a really good cd player actually!) there is nothing more glorious than hearing the start up sound boom out the speakers. Ooof.

Edited by drxandy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...