IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - The Guardian Legend

BeaIank

18 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You're playing that game by choice? Are you feeling okay?

I'm with my brother this weekend and he will play damn near anything. First game I can remember he drew the line and said hell no I'm not playing this. By that time, I was dead set on playing it, so I did a quick playthrough. 83k without no point pressing makes me curious how high I could get now. But we have been on N64 racers, worms Armageddon, and mario golf and tennis since. Hope everyone is having an awesome holiday. Let's see this bert samson score already. You know he is just sitting on it!

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I'm with my brother this weekend and he will play damn near anything. First game I can remember he drew the line and said hell no I'm not playing this. By that time, I was dead set on playing it, so I did a quick playthrough. 83k without no point pressing makes me curious how high I could get now. But we have been on N64 racers, worms Armageddon, and mario golf and tennis since. Hope everyone is having an awesome holiday. Let's see this bert samson score already. You know he is just sitting on it!

I'll play anything once. I wish I could have looped it once just to say that I did it.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, ninjistar said:

I had forgotten that I like this game.  

It seems that VGS no longer allows embedded HTTP URLs. I'm too lazy to fix it now. You'll have to take the risk when opening 😄 

http://www.myvideogamelife.com/a/vgm/vgs/na-ninjistar-vgs-tgl-2020-final.jpg

Yeah, for security reasons, only https. Frankly, if a site doesn't have https, stop using it. 

Events Team · Posted

This week we had the pleasure to have the best game in the NES library that barely make sense for a contest, The Guardian Legend!

Only one player completed the TGL mode this week, and it is with no surprise @Gloves, who won the shooter icon in his 2017 maiden year of participation in the contest. Despite making some very questionable remarks in his completed run post about the quality of this week's game, Doug proved again that he reigns supreme in the shooter elite club of VGS!

Some valiant spaceship warriors showed up their skills for the occasion as well.@CMR returned to the contest with a strong second place going all up to the Area 9, followed closely by @Gaia Gensouki who saw his run ending at the Area 8. @Tablew/chairs posted 'some' run good for a 4th place finish, while @8bitdontquit kept strategically his distance from the blue coronavirus in order to survive and reach Area 16.

Strong performances were expected from both The Human Cyborg @bertsampson and Third Place Prince @docile tapeworm, but it appears both gentlemen had other priorities for the week. Bert got 6th place with an Area 5 run, and Skinny behind him at Area 14. @Jeevan grabbed a low hanging 8th place with a still respectable Area 3 run, taking advantage of the 'highest score takes precedence rule' over VGS beloved artist @CasualCart.

Thanks to everyone and take a well deserved break next week, before @Richardhead show you how to Heavy Shreddin!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Yeah, for security reasons, only https. Frankly, if a site doesn't have https, stop using it. 

I'd love to provide a long-winded, detailed reply this... but i'm not up for it. I'll just say this: Is HTTPS more secure? Yes.  Does a site using HTTPS make it safe? No. It's not a silver bullet and there are a lot of other factors that can contribute to the overall security of a website. 

EDIT: I will say, I like that you're thinking about security!

Edited by ninjistar

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I just called Bellagio and they have the over/under on berts score at 2.8 million. With the lower than expected score posts from skinny, hes fallen to +1500 to win it. Grab the value while you can. 

I don't know what the odds were on gloves, but I'll take my winnings in small unmarked bills.

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I'd love to provide a long-winded, detailed reply this... but i'm not up for it. I'll just say this: Is HTTPS more secure? Yes.  Does a site using HTTPS make it safe? No. It's not a silver bullet and there are a lot of other factors that can contribute to the overall security of a website. 

EDIT: I will say, I like that you're thinking about security!

Yeah I'd not call it a silver bullet. But if a site isn't going to the minimal effort of obtaining https it just makes me wonder where security lies on their list of priorities, that's all really. 

If you see a cockroach at a restaurant it makes you wonder - what else is wrong with the place? 

Events Team · Posted

Hey Folks!

This is the time for a sweet random giveaway, showcasing @MeganJoanne's awesome cross-stitching talent!

This week you get the chance to win a cross-stitch themed after the best game in the history of video games (including every future games yet to be released), starring Miria's spaceship form in The Guardian Legend :

1494472124_GuardianLegend.JPG.921d4a4eda14f64f7cfa59795c712109.JPG

Here's the list of the eligible players for the lottery :

1 = @Gloves
2 = @CMR

3 = @Tablew/chairs
4 = @8bitdontquit
5 = @bertsampson
6 = @docile tapeworm
7 = @Jeevan
8 = @CasualCart
9 = @JamesRobot
10 = @mbd39
11 = @Jicsan
12 = @Ausden
13 = @Murray

image.png.1118445c5c4f6ed7fbb69bfbec66ec07.png

Congratulations to this week's winner, Douglas Glover, who will now also have the pleasure to own a cross-stitch of everybody's favorite shooter hero! Let's also celebrate the guilty pleasure of seeing number 1 getting randomly picked by a number generator, cause we can't help ourselves to think it is awkward when it is FACTUALLY NOT.

Gloves, feel free to pm Megan about the shipping details, and thanks to everyone for rocking in the NES Weekly Contest!

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1