IGNORED

CIB DMG Gameboys and Rare NES Accessories

MrMark0673

Looking for a price check on the following:

NIB Dominator Pro Beam.  CIB seems to be about $60, not sure if there is a premium for NIB.

DMG-01 Gameboy.  CIB with almost all NOS components aside from the system.  Batteries removed.  Gameboy has been used, it appears as though nothing else.  I believe in my early days I used the NOS GB and swapped it with a used one.  Poor decision in hindsight, but this is like in 2004, so you'll have to forgive me.

DMG Gameboy Basic Set.  No idea on the terms, I've never been a GB guy.  Great shape aside from some old battery leak in the box.  All cleaned up and works perfect.

Triton Pad CIB.  Literally never seen this CIB ever, I've seen a few stock photos and a magazine add for it.  I know rare accessories aren't always valuable, but this thing appears to be relatively unobtainable, even loose.

Photos can be found here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/qqB9X1e9ashvCt6P6

I can take additional photos or answer additional questions.

• Like 1

The Styrofoam game boy tray was an 1989 - (i believe) late 90 then moved to cardboard/press-board.  to know what gen of gb you have you will need a photo of the circuit board.  

SN Box for the value of box serial to unit serial that is up for debate.  a few collectors look for the match but a large portion don't, and with the SN being so high i not sure it will matter.

in ether case the values are not much different.  at eBay will through a dart up in see where it falls it depends on day and wind what color the tea leaves are.

what serial numbers you have on the gb and what is on Tetris's label?

On 8/30/2020 at 1:43 AM, JVOSS said:

SN Box for the value of box serial to unit serial that is up for debate.  a few collectors look for the match but a large portion don't, and with the SN being so high i not sure it will matter.

I sold matching serial numbers this spring for a substantial mark up, about $75 over the average sale price for CIB DMG in similar condition. 

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I sold matching serial numbers this spring for a substantial mark up, about $75 over the average sale price for CIB DMG in similar condition. 

hay congrats on that sale. 

more inopportunely how high was the SN.  a low number would get that kind of mark up.  but something in the 7 or 8 i cant see someone doing that.

• 2 months later...

Nice Triton Pad -- like you said, that one's incredibly rare (only seen yours, which I missed in 2012 IIRC, and one I got from a Nintendo employee, which supposedly came from Nintendo of America's own archives). Not much of a mark-up for rare accessories without seal of quality, though. Realistically, you'll probably have a hard time finding a buyer above $40 for it.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:57 AM, Speedy_NES said:

Nice Triton Pad -- like you said, that one's incredibly rare (only seen yours, which I missed in 2012 IIRC, and one I got from a Nintendo employee, which supposedly came from Nintendo of America's own archives). Not much of a mark-up for rare accessories without seal of quality, though. Realistically, you'll probably have a hard time finding a buyer above $40 for it.

Yes, of course, rare does not equal valuable.

I knew it was incredibly rare, but when a guy like you chimes in and says it's only the second one you've seen, that's about as rare as it gets to me.

Is there anyone that archives and catalogs things like this?  If there was a database that had rare or unusual accessories and the like, I'd gladly scan things or even send it their way. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrMark0673 said:

Yes, of course, rare does not equal valuable.

I knew it was incredibly rare, but when a guy like you chimes in and says it's only the second one you've seen, that's about as rare as it gets to me.

Is there anyone that archives and catalogs things like this?  If there was a database that had rare or unusual accessories and the like, I'd gladly scan things or even send it their way. 

Thanks -- I'll take that as a compliment 🙂

I started acquiring these types of items for that very purpose, to archive and catalog for the community, but obviously stopped sharing that info years ago due to the effect it had on prices. Still have plans to share all that info (or collection) at some point in time, in some shape or form, but not sure yet how.

FYI, the one I have is sealed, so it might be nice to scan your manual if you decide to sell, just to have it documented.

There's actually two versions of the Triton controller, both about equally rare. This one's likely a re-release based on model #.