IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Karate Champ

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentleman, it is THE THRILL OF THE FIGHT!
Get ready for some KARATE action as our skilled players tackle a fighting game classic, KARATE CHAMP!

Our players will have to prove their Karate skills using the following rules:

• Play till game over (lose 2 rounds to the red fighter) or till you loop the game for the first time (when you fight at red mountain stage again).
  • Take your picture while the red Karate guy celebrates or at the start of the fight if you loop the game 
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 5,000 points
  • Genre: Beat Em Up

The contest ends Sunday, 08/30/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 116,200
2nd bertsampson 110,100
3rd NESfiend 108,800
4th 8bitdontquit 89,300
5th Gaia Gensouki 83,500
6th mbd39 59,400
7th Bearcat-Doug 33,200
8th Jicsan 29,900
9th Tablew/chairs 29,000
10th Jeevan 26,800
11th JamesRobot 18,300
12th Ausden 16,100
13th skinnygrinny 5,700

• The topic was pinned
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I played this some earlier today. It makes Urban Champion look like Street Fighter II. 

That's saying something because Urban Champion is legit one of the worst games I've ever played.

I've only played the original arcade Karate Champ.

Edited by mbd39

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

That's saying something because Urban Champion is legit one of the worst games I've ever played.

I've only played the original arcade Karate Champ.

This is like Urban Champion with messed up controls. It's god awful. It's like the black box Volleyball of fighting games.