IGNORED

Majora's Mask Prima guide The Game Zone cover variant

Has anyone seen this cover variant before?  According to Zelda Dungeon it was a special variant cover made just for The Game Zone.  Was that a game store similar to Babbage's or the like?  

Anyway, just came across this recently and I can't really find any others out there.  I only found one picture online and that was the Zelda Dungeon writeup.  Is this a pretty scarce item or are my Google Fu skills just that bad?

6DmfURzl.jpg

• Like 1

I never have seen/ heard of this, very cool! also am not familiar with game zone, they weren't Midwestern I'm guessing. Thank you for sharing!

I did some hunting and I think they're from Arizona, I sent them a message on FB to see if it's them.. waiting for reply.

Edited by drxandy

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

I never have seen/ heard of this, very cool! also am not familiar with game zone, they weren't Midwestern I'm guessing. Thank you for sharing!

I did some hunting and I think they're from Arizona, I sent them a message on FB to see if it's them.. waiting for reply.

Wow, thanks for that!  Please let me know if you hear anything.

Thanks for the tag @drxandy!

This variant of the Majora's Mask guide was made for the retailer "The Game Zone" and I'm guessing it is the Arizona store as the Dr has pointed out. Would love to hear if you get confirmation on that! 

There are a total of (6) cover variants on this guide: 

• Generic blank cover - no offers
  • Hollywood Video - $9.99 with blue background
  • EB Games Exclusive Cover
  • Game Zone exclusive cover
  • Toys R Us - Item Cards included cover
  • Funcoland / Babbages / Software Etc - stickers included

I have a three of the six, so halfway through them.  They all come up somewhat regularly at a decent deal, but the Game Zone cover probably is close to the top (if not top) on rarity for this book.  I haven't been searching it much lately but they come up every few months maybe.  Still a great piece though @timfsu2k! Thanks for sharing!

Here are the three I have currently:

Majoras Mask.jpg

Edited by acidjaguar
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

Thanks for the tag @drxandy!

This variant of the Majora's Mask guide was made for the retailer "The Game Zone" and I'm guessing it is the Arizona store as the Dr has pointed out. Would love to hear if you get confirmation on that! 

There are a total of (6) cover variants on this guide: 

• Generic blank cover - no offers
  • Hollywood Video - $9.99 with blue background
  • EB Games Exclusive Cover
  • Game Zone exclusive cover
  • Toys R Us - Item Cards included cover
  • Funcoland / Babbages / Software Etc - stickers included

I have a three of the six, so halfway through them.  They all come up somewhat regularly at a decent deal, but the Game Zone cover probably is close to the top (if not top) on rarity for this book.  I haven't been searching it much lately but they come up every few months maybe.  Still a great piece though @timfsu2k! Thanks for sharing!

Here are the three I have currently:

Majoras Mask.jpg

Thank you for the information!  Good luck with the hunt for the other three covers!