IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mappy

BeaIank

13 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Mappy Land has an ending that adds 10k to your score. I'm guessing there's some confusion with Mappy Land here.

With our game having no ending, the rules probably need to specify when its over. Otherwise, it could turn into mario bros style marathon. I think thats why bert hasn't posted a score yet. He still has a game going from Sunday night. 

Almost 2 est on Wednesday and no skinny saga yet. Let's rectify that as well. 

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

With our game having no ending, the rules probably need to specify when its over. Otherwise, it could turn into mario bros style marathon. I think thats why bert hasn't posted a score yet. He still has a game going from Sunday night. 

I would say starting round 0 after beating round 99 is a good ending point. It takes less than an hour and a half.

Edited by mbd39

15 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I think @bertsampson is just getting old and lazy without me around. He's going to be as motivated as @docile tapeworm by tournament time.

31 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I would say starting round 0 after beating round 99 is a good ending point. It takes less than an hour and a half.

I assume the 90 min comes from a youtube video? Less than a minute per round seems really fast. May be tool assisted. Even if its not, most people aren't going to be as fast as the youtuve expert. That guy probably isn't playing for score either. Those videos are all about fast completetions

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I assume the 90 min comes from a youtube video? Less than a minute per round seems really fast. May be tool assisted. Even if its not, most people aren't going to be as fast as the youtuve expert. That guy probably isn't playing for score either. Those videos are all about fast completetions

True, I was going by the video. I don't know how long a high score run that loops back to round 0 would take.

Events Helper · Posted

How's everybody doin on this game?

I may, or may not have a score, I don't, and I may or may not be playing that bingo game, I am.

I will be getting to this pretty soon tho.   I really like this game even tho. it was torturous for 24 hours to play for a high score.

@behemos U beat level 99 yet?

Homebrew Team · Posted

Edit: Whoops.  I am an idiot.  I just played Mappy for the Arcade.  Will replace with famicom in a minute.  Got Arcade stuck in my head from the Survivor contest.
Famicom now.

IMG_20200823_212031__01.jpg

Edited by Deadeye
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

How's everybody doin on this game?

I may, or may not have a score, I don't, and I may or may not be playing that bingo game, I am.

I will be getting to this pretty soon tho.   I really like this game even tho. it was torturous for 24 hours to play for a high score.

@behemos U beat level 99 yet?

Lol. I've been super busy. Though I'd like to jump in on one of these games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

It looks like everyone's too enamored with the bingo thread to be paying much attention to Mappy this week.

Not @Jeevan's cronies. Bringing in ringers putting up a quarter mil on Wednesday. Killing me smalls!😅

I've enjoyed this game so far. I could see it getting tedious quick and hard after like 100k though. 

I've enjoyed watching all the bingo stuff. Not the week for me to get into something like that. Hardly even had time for mappy. Wish were longer and didn't involve programming and blogging. Id do all the stuff involving playing and collecting, but im a tech dummy. It's a wonder I can work a cell phone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1