IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mappy

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!
Welcome to another round of our exciting WEEKLY contest!
While last week we went prehistorical, this week our competitors will have to MOUSE AROUND to win with a CLASSIC!
Prepare for entertaining ARCADE action as our athletes try to conquer MAPPY!

Here's the rules:

• Play 1 player mode
  • Play till game over 
  • Take your picture at the game over screen
  • Loop the game to your heart's content
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 10,000
  • Genre: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 08/23/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

245121541_SageMappy.png.ac10e9192fa6ab68

• Like 7

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 1,066,670
2nd VegaVegas 425,920
3rd Jeevan 377,870
4th ZeldaFreak 266,400
5th 0xDEAFC0DE 156,950
6th NESfiend 131,260
7th Gaia Gensouki 101,760
8th mbd39 101,520
9th Deadeye 92,340
10th ninjistar 65,240
11th Ausden 32,730
12th DefaultGen 30,210
13th Jicsan 15,510
14th JamesRobot 15,350

Events Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Surprisingly, even tho i have stockholm syndrome with this game, I look forward to playing it again.  @ZeldaFreak @behemos @KokiriChild

I will never play this god forsaken, unholy abomination of a game ever again, no matter how many times you mention me in this thread. The music still haunts my nightmares, and out of all the games I played for the first time on VGS Survivor, this game has the only music that I can still recite perfectly from memory. That's how much it traumatized me.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Stuck in Breckenridge for a few days. Made sure to bring the AVS and a copy of mappy though. @Murray will be joining us shortly too. 

Tell us of the gold rush history of this town!  Let's see some photos! Also, who's @Murray?

Edited by ninjistar
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Condos nice. Jennie’s friend brought two fucking dogs and it’s smoky outside. So Nintendo it is.

It's that time of year. The smokey smell just adds to the charm of doing something outdoorsy... I hope you guys are staying safe. 

Edited by ninjistar
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

51,320 - probably won't count because I missed the game over screen. Couldn't find my usual piece of mail, so I grabbed a new one and a green highlighter. It was too late, but Ill do better. 

I saw a "full game playthrough" that ended at level 16, but didn't show an endscreen. That really all it is or does it just repeat from there? 

It doesn't look like this game actually ends. Here's a playthrough that just goes back to round 0 ever completing round 99.

• Like 1