IGNORED

VGS Bingo: Submissions Thread

Gloves

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Jicsan said:

I'm not a Game Master.  I really tried on that Joust for 2600 earlier today.  After many tries, I was averaging about 60k.  Then I looked at what Jeevan had done to see where the max score was, it was 999,999 and he did it on level 91.  Nope, that wasn't happening.  If you Google, "easy game to get max score" or the like almost all the results are for Tetris.  Yeah, I love Tetris and all, but I ain't that good... Google, I said 'EASY'! LOL

I had practice from survivor.

• Like 1

I just wanted to thank @Gloves and anyone else who was involved putting this together. I think it was a fantastic idea. I wish I had not been so overwhelmed recently so I could have participated more. With everyone doing work from home, those folks seem to be focusing much more on WORK since they can't go elsewhere (and thus causing me MUCH more work). I am simply too burnt out to do more tech-like projects right now.  I'm hopeful that there's a similar event again some time. I'd love to dig into these tasks more! I have enjoyed all of the submissions. Nice job, guys!

• Like 5

I have just purchased a subscription for Supportive, which earned me my second and third bingo row. I should now have at least a T-cross. However, T3 and T4 are practically impossible as of now.

Anyway, these past three days I've worked on and off on Musically inclined and now I have finally finished a track via Famitracker. I recommend listening to it with headphones.

If you're still confused about how to use Famitracker, I recommend this tutorial series. It helped me a lot: https://btothethree.tumblr.com/post/104644129447/how-to-use-famitracker-chapter-1-introduction

Also, here's a cheat sheet for various effects: https://pastebin.com/zsnpzVMC

And if you'd like to give your song a nice little boost I'd recommend checking out these DMC samples ripped from real NES/Famicom games: http://famitracker.com/forum/posts.php?id=294

Bingo.jpg

subscription.PNG

unnamed track.wav

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jicsan said:

I'm not a Game Master.  I really tried on that Joust for 2600 earlier today.  After many tries, I was averaging about 60k.  Then I looked at what Jeevan had done to see where the max score was, it was 999,999 and he did it on level 91.  Nope, that wasn't happening.  If you Google, "easy game to get max score" or the like almost all the results are for Tetris.  Yeah, I love Tetris and all, but I ain't that good... Google, I said 'EASY'! LOL

What is this?? Wake up!! Become a game master! This can't be your last tile. Watch this video.

If for whatever reason you can't get the max score in Street Racer, try Air-Sea Battle vs. CPU games (12, 18, etc.) which max out at 99 as well. Or Sky Diver you get 10 jumps and get up to 11 points per jump, but the score maxes out at 99 (this is difficult, but it's a very short game to retry).

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned