IGNORED

VGS Bingo: Submissions Thread

Gloves

Events Team · Posted

BINGO!

JamesRobot's Submissions 

Practically Free

Supportive

Finally got around to subscribing over the weekend.

hY6I919.jpg?1

Particip ant

Taste the Brew

Merch

Been had merch. All day.

eILqnGD.jpg

Spritely

Here is my James Brown sprite.  5 unique frames of animation.  Hah! Get back! 

aQ8Daoz.gif

Seriesous about collecting

Complete Action 53 series

3dDq2pQ.jpg

Show off

Plastic prison

I have @ALTQQ's remote TWATA graded at A+ 9.4!

VGCmZEE.jpg

Rollercoaster of emotion 

Musically Inclined

Here's my chiptune of Dr. Dre's Let Me Ride

Let_Me_Ride.wav

BINGO!

Early days

Mega Man 2

rbArCEa.jpg

Racing desu

Redline is pretty badass.

With these hands

Mega Man II 

wa3RvOb.jpg

Game night

Local game night with @SuperJimtendo and @Richardhead.  I know it's not online but fuck that.  Local is harder to pull off and way more fun.  Unfortunately Rich was the Ring King tonight. 

uvrgDnC.jpg

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Game Night:  

We had another nice little session today, involved @KokiriChild, @ZeldaFreak, and a special appearance by the resident husband and wife team ruling the server, @darkchylde28 and his wife Rhapsody!

image.thumb.png.fc8bfd0730a673a32ab6d478c722e2f0.png

Kokir's little house he made in no time flat!  Looks pretty good starting from scratch for the most part!

And then of course, we have @ZeldaFreak's amazing build Jeeve's End

image.thumb.png.cc692754a4c44f3661482f7ae15b592a.png

Thanks for the fun time guys, glad we could do it, hope to play some more soon!!!!

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm here too!

Early Days
The obvious choice for a pre-1995 game is Mickey's Ultimate Challenge for Game Boy. Lil 1994 in the corner there.

cLnBgks.jpg

7sh3h2h.jpg

Hy, brid
This isn't a misprint but I think it fits the spirit: upside-down Jeep Jamboree label! If it needs to be an actual misprint then I can pull out some boring commons.

vwFNdMt.jpg

You scratch my back
I made a deal with @Jeevan for some sweet N64 games. I'm sure he'll gladly "like" this post as confirmation, and we'll both leave feedback when the games arrive in a couple days.

X Factor
Submitted some games Monday... to my own thread:

Ok, off to do some more!

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

Just so everyone knows, a little fyi..........

If u made a game with gamemaker and don't own it, @Gloves said if u post a video of yourself playing it you can get the tile on bingo!

You have to be able to move left and right and involve platforms obviously, but that is all that is needed, no need to spend the money to finish it for this contest!!!!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

You scratch my back
(In a similar vain to Splain's post, @Jeevan bought a sealed Gameboy Color game from me a little while ago, shipped it out earlier today.)

In a similar vain, you better reciprocate 😒

Can not wait to send it into TWATA TM to get graded.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Jump, Man:

Per the "new" rulez, gloves said i could just make a video of me playing it, so there you go @Gloves.  I have it exported if anyone really, really wants to compile it and or play it and make it available to the vgs crew, but it really isn't worth the $39.  If I do ever get time, it would be fun to play around with this more.

@CasualCart the little sage block isn't too infringing is it?

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Jump, man
(Never in a million years thought I'd complete this challenge, but thanks to some tutorial videos that were very easy to follow, I got there in the end. It goes without saying that I didn't create the music or the chest sprite, however everything else is 100% original. I would've loved to have exported it and made it playable for everyone, but as Jeevan already mentioned, that isn't available on the trial version of GameMaker. I tried to loosely base the aesthetic of the... dungeon...? On the Palace of Winds from Minish Cap. And you can't really see it since he's so tiny, but I tried to make the sprite for link a combination of the retro and modern looks of Link. There's some enlarged images of the sprite below so you can see what I'm talking about.)

(My version of Link)

6c3b38e46284af69ce92d942429c3a86.png

(Janky walk cycle)

1d9f2bec28c4a3402e479538ea0ae147.png

(Jump sprite. Should be pretty obvious to anyone who's played the Zelda games where I got the inspiration for this sprite from)

4d826f6a6536910a93ea51e4c3b94719.png

• Like 4

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

You didn't start shit, Jeevesy baby.  @Richardhead and I been trolling the TWATA since '19.  Matter of fact, the first TWATA grade ain't even a video game.  Better take a close look. 

Hory Sheet!  Sorry I honestly didn't know, but great minds think alike eh?  Anyways I really liked ur submission!  Trollin with the best I guess!

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
36 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Also, @Gloves would the sprites I used in this game count towards the Spritely challenge as well, or should I make some new ones for that?

Alas, anything for one tile can't be submitted for another, please make another sprite set. Not that you haven't proven you can make a sprite or anything, just for completion's sake. Mercy buckets.

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Alas, anything for one tile can't be submitted for another, please make another sprite set. Not that you haven't proven you can make a sprite or anything, just for completion's sake. Mercy buckets.

Alright, sounds good, just figured I'd ask 🙂

Events Team · Posted

Spritely
(Very basic, I know, but I wanted these sprites to fit in with my platformer, and I figured if I were going to make a basic enemy for the game, the Chu-Chus would be a good choice. Mostly based on the Wind Waker and Minish Cap designs of them.)

(The Chu-Chu. Look at him, he's so happy. Just livin' his best life)

1f78f7a561ed512f4087d33560717c93.png

(Chu-Chu Jumping. Look at him go!)

743373c78f423e338977f8ede73b640f.png

(He's dead.)

8ed22db470e86756d93e3dc16df6e337.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1