IGNORED

VGS Bingo! [Ended]

Gloves

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

Can I get a clarification on It's a Me?

If I have beat say Mario Odyssey in the past, can I pull up a save file to show you?  Or has to be a new run that I started today?

Any "beat a game" tasks must have been started today/this week.

• Thanks 1

Btw. can you clear several criteria with a single submission? E.g. playing a game from before 1995 on a game boy and submitting it to the beat X threads?

Also, what is your favorite movie, @Gloves? Or is it part of the challenge to find out? Kinda like getting into the fight club, when no one is allowed to talk about the fight club?

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Btw. can you clear several criteria with a single submission? E.g. playing a game from before 1995 on a game boy and submitting it to the beat X threads?

Also, what is your favorite movie, @Gloves? Or is it part of the challenge to find out? Kinda like getting into the fight club, when no one is allowed to talk about the fight club?

I actually almost had a rule that if you had to ask me my favorite movie you'd be disqualified from that tile! 😛

Give it a little time, I'm sure you'll figure it out. I won't tell you what it is, suffice to say that I've basically gushed all over the movie pretty consistently here on VGS.

Options are: 

1) Look through my post history, you're sure to find the movie in question.
2) Ask someone who's not me. 

I'm sure someone will pop in and be like "It's this!" and then everyone will know, and that's cool.

Me though, I'm gonna keep an air of mystery about me!

FUFUFUFUFUUUU!

As for your first question, I'm afraid you must do 1 thing per tile. When submitting you need to say the name of the tile, and provide the proof. You may not do the same thing for multiple tiles.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

So what're the rules with the tiles that require you to beat games? Is it like NES Weekly rules where you have to take a picture of your whole screen or monitor with a little pamphlet of your name somewhere in view, or is it more so VGS Survivor rules, wherein if you're playing on an emulator, just taking a screenshot of your screen will suffice?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

So what're the rules with the tiles that require you to beat games? Is it like NES Weekly rules where you have to take a picture of your whole screen or monitor with a little pamphlet of your name somewhere in view, or is it more so VGS Survivor rules, wherein if you're playing on an emulator, just taking a screenshot of your screen will suffice?

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

For instance, if a tasks is to beat a game, you must post a photo as evidence, with a paper showing your VGS username.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It's one of the reasons I stopped caring about trophies! 

I thought it said PS3 earlier, but now it says PSN... so it can be a PS4 plat?  Don't worry, I already have My Name is Mayo, lol.  I was going to try for Sound Shapes on PS3, but if PS4 counts I will probably do Wolf Among Us.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Jicsan said:

I thought it said PS3 earlier, but now it says PSN... so it can be a PS4 plat?  Don't worry, I already have My Name is Mayo, lol.  I was going to try for Sound Shapes on PS3, but if PS4 counts I will probably do Wolf Among Us.

Any console which will give trophies: ps3, 4, vita. 

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Gloves said:
  • Game Night
    • Play a game online with other VGS users
    • 2+ people, for 1+ hour(s)

So what are the requirements for submitting for this one? Do 2 or more people just need to say "We played X game for X amount of time," do we need to take a picture of the game being played, do we need to record the entire play session, etc?

• Homebreviewer
    • Write a review blog for a Homebrew game
    • Not retroactive

Does this need to be in the actual Blogs section of the site? I assume yes, but just making sure.

• Merch
    • Buy an official VGS shirt
    • Retroactive: if you already have one, post a photo of you wearing it!
      • (or just of the shirt and your username on paper if you're uncomfortable sharing what you look like!)

Would it still count if you were given the shirt as a gift? I do have one, but I didn't actually get it myself, Jeevan got one for me as a gift.

• Seriesous about collecting
    • Share a photo of your completed collection of a series of games
    • Series must have at least 3 games in it, for example, all Silent Hill games
    • Spinoffs are not required, only mainline games
    • Not retroactive

This doesn't apply to me anyway since I have a very small collection, but do the games in the series have to be physical, or are digital games allowed for this submission?

So, I had a few questions about some of the tasks we're required to complete. You can see my questions in bold & underlined below whichever tasks I'm asking about in the quote above. Sorry I'm unclear on so many things, I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

Events Helper · Posted
9 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

So, I had a few questions about some of the tasks we're required to complete. You can see my questions in bold & underlined below whichever tasks I'm asking about in the quote above. Sorry I'm unclear on so many things, I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything correctly.

dude, Minecraft tomorrow for 2 hours of me sitting there watching u work 🤣

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
34 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

No worries, thanks for the questions!

Game Night:

I'll make a new requirement - at least one of you needs to take a photo of the screen with some manner of proof that at least 2 people got together to play a game. This could be, for instance, the pre-game lobby on Mario Kart. The rest of the requirement (1+ hour) is on the honor system much like a lot in the contests we run. We assume for instance that you're not using save states to beat games; this is all intended to be a fun game, don't cheat yourself out of having fun for a couple pixels under your avatar!

Homebreviewer:

Yeah, make it in the Blogs section please.

Merch:

If someone has been kind enough to buy you a shirt, consider yourself the lucky owner also of another free space. Buy that man a coffee sometime.

Seriesous about collectin:

Yes, you must own the games physically.

• Like 1