IGNORED

Help tracking down other copies of the Franklin the Turtle plush set for GBA

MiamiSlice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Naked Warrior said:

Here is another thing I came across that I had never seen before...Seller might be a wee bit ambitious with the price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Gameboy-Advance-GBA-LarryBoy-Super-Hero-Fun-Pack-Ultra-Rare/174563807587

There were 2 on eBay that went unsold for $20.00 each, about 3 or 4 years ago from Seattle goodwill. I missed the auctions and saw them after they ended. I offered goodwill to buy them but they do not do that. They never put them back on eBay. Very sad. This seller got this off Facebook market place for cheap and is nuts on his price.

Edited by RpgCollector

7 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

Here is another thing I came across that I had never seen before...Seller might be a wee bit ambitious with the price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Gameboy-Advance-GBA-LarryBoy-Super-Hero-Fun-Pack-Ultra-Rare/174563807587

Hmm, that's a different box variant than the one I had years back.  Mine was more horizontal than vertical (in terms of longest dimension on outer box), and I believe it was labeled as a Wal-Mart exclusive.

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

Hmm, that's a different box variant than the one I had years back.  Mine was more horizontal than vertical (in terms of longest dimension on outer box), and I believe it was labeled as a Wal-Mart exclusive.

I think you are remembering the Game/Mobile Toy Variant. This is the web only Game/Sticker/Activity Book variant. Much more rare as it was only sold online form bigidea.com. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Been doing a little sleuthing regarding Franklin the Turtle for GBA. Here's mine which I posted in a haul a while back: 

E0A3CD62-35EF-4A73-B160-2850759E716A.thu

PriceCharting history tells me one of these sold right after I posted my haul and there was another, apparently not sealed, that sold a couple years ago. Outside of those two eBay transactions, I haven't found any info about this or other copies out there. Except... I did find an old NA thread (link is dead now but I found it via Google Image Search): 

franklin.jpg.2496ca8173bcfbfe50238bd61903a000.jpg

Obviously that link is dead but the photo comes from Photobucket user "Iamyouremom." Was that someone on NA? And does anyone know who might have bought that Franklin the Turtle? Just curious!

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Iamyouremom/media/20131125_152802_zpsd4589924.jpg.html?o=286

^ that's from 2013-11-25

Finally found the super rare Franklin’s Great Adventure GBA set. Only the second one I have seen. Now the whole family is togeather!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1