IGNORED

Donkey Kong 2600

I have a brand new DK for the 2600. It’s still inside the Target hang case though that is torn, doesn’t affect the box. Would the game be a candidate for grading and if so is it a good idea? I also have a couple of new in wrap DS games, the best being Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I know about comic grading and card grading but not game grading. Thanks.

• Like 1

Oh OK, so it's like this one: https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/-/-/a/7229-93002.s

I think your copy would likely grade higher since it's been protected in that hang tab box all this time. I don't know what WATA would do with that outer box. But this one I linked sold for about $1440 with a 7.0 grade so I think you could use that as a baseline for what you could make. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

13 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Holy cow! Sounds like it’d definitely be worth pursuing then. Now to figure out how to get a game graded.

Go to watagames.com, create an account, then go to submit a game. It will ask you some questions about the game being submitted, and you'll have to pick the type of casing you want your game displayed in. There will be a form you print out at the end with all of that info. Then you'll put that print out in the shipping box with your game and send her off to the address on the site. Then wait roughly a decade (depending on which grading speed you picked) and you'll have a graded game waiting at your doorstep.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Go to watagames.com, create an account, then go to submit a game. It will ask you some questions about the game being submitted, and you'll have to pick the type of casing you want your game displayed in. There will be a form you print out at the end with all of that info. Then you'll put that print out in the shipping box with your game and send her off to the address on the site. Then wait roughly a decade (depending on which grading speed you picked) and you'll have a graded game waiting at your doorstep.

Thank you! A decade sounds like a long time. Lol Sounds like they’re having issues with their turnaround. 

• 2 weeks later...