High Score on Netflix

3rdStrongestMole

40 minutes ago, Joshua Rogers said:

>Madden 95 was the first major game to have black players

NFL on NES, in 1989.

Pele's Soccer on Atari.

lakers vs celtics on Genesis.

political poop

"But before EA came along sports games were just toys" or something to that effect

didnt tecmo super bowl have black players? That was way before madden 95

pretty sure that was just as big a game and NFL

Just watched episode 3. Was fine with it until the political nonsense of gayblade and pat Buchanan  was brought up. It was so out of place and unnecessary. Just why? Just a roll your eyes moment. Just talk about what you were talking about. No need for it.

I have to agree with the one poster. I dont like the 8 bit cutscenes. They look terrible. Id rather just see them talking or a re enactment with people.

To wrap it up with a positive statement. I really enjoyed the Nintendo Competition parts of it.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1

Just finished up with episode 3, you know what yeah, I'm going to agree with the sentiment expressed previously that the whole Gay Blade stuff was out of place in a show about the general history of video games. Seems like they could have devoted way more time to actually significant RPGs and early computer games.

As a whole, I'm entirely underwhelmed by the series. It feels borderline incoherent to be honest, it just jumping about here there and everywhere, with no real structure or through line between the various stories they're trying to tell.

I've honestly seem better videogame documentaries on YouTube, this show is super unfocused and the commentary and presentation is actually super annoying. Sounds like they're narrating for toddlers...

Not sure if I'll bother finishing the other episodes, I might just put it on in the background while I'm doing other shit.

• 4 weeks later...