IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Caveman Games

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

UNGA! BUNGA! UNGA!!! BUNGAAAA!!!

Welcome, welcome my fellow players adapt of the unga and bunga style on fighting games!
I gladly present THE MOST AWAITED EVENT of this years VGS Weekly Contest!
CAVEMAN GAMES!!!

Our athletes will go PREHISTORIC this week.
Here's the rules:

• Play practice of 5 events (all except clubbing).
  • Play as any character for any events.
  • Take pictures of all practice records in cave of fame.
  • UPDATE : If you can't max the Dino Vault event at 30 foots, you can take the picture of your score immediately after an attempt, when we see 'heights' and your score on screen.
  • The players will be awarded points for their results in each game:
    • 1st place for the event is awarded 10 points
    • 2nd place for the event is awarded 8 points 
    • 3rd place for the event is awarded 6 points
    • 4th place for the event is awarded 5 points
    • 5th place for the event is awarded 4 points 
    • 6th place for the event is awarded 3 points 
    • 7th place for the event is awarded 2 points 
    • 8th place and onward is awarded 1 point and should go reflect about their life choices.
  • The player with the highest sum of points will win
  • Genre: sports

The contest ends Sunday, 08/16/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

659597797_SageCaveman.png.c675dcb0e5e632

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 44
2nd Tablew/chairs 42
3rd Gaia Gensouki 40
4th NESfiend 36
5th Richardhead 29
6th CMR 26
7th 8bitdontquit 23
7th bertsampson 23
9th Jeevan 14
10th Murray 6
11th ninjistar 5
11th Ausden 5
11th JamesRobot 5

Mate Toss

1st NESfiend 95 10
1st Gaia Gensouki 95 10
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 95 10
1st CMR 95 10
1st Tablew/chairs 95 10
1st 8bitdontquit 95 10
1st Richardhead 95 10
8th ninjistar 93 1
8th Murray 93 1
10th Ausden 92 1
10th JamesRobot 92 1
12th Jeevan 90 1
13th bertsampson 62 1

Fire Starting

1st 0xDEAFC0DE 14,9 10
2nd 8bitdontquit 16,0 8
3rd NESfiend 16,3 6
3rd Gaia Gensouki 16,3 6
3rd Tablew/chairs 16,3 6
6th Richardhead 21,2 3
7th Murray 22,1 2
8th CMR 23,7 1
9th JamesRobot 25,8 1
10th bertsampson 26,9 1
11th Jeevan 28,6 1
12th Ausden 42,8 1
13th ninjistar 99,9 1

Saber Race

1st bertsampson 30,3 10
2nd Tablew/chairs 36,4 8
3rd Gaia Gensouki 38,9 6
4th NESfiend 39,4 5
5th 0xDEAFC0DE 40,2 4
6th Richardhead 42,6 3
7th 8bitdontquit 44,7 2
8th JamesRobot 44,9 1
9th ninjistar 47,9 1
10th CMR 48,1 1
11th Jeevan 48,5 1
12th Ausden 49,7 1
13th Murray 51,6 1

Dino Race

1st 0xDEAFC0DE 56,4 10
2nd Gaia Gensouki 61,1 8
2nd Tablew/chairs 61,1 8
4th NESfiend 61,9 5
5th CMR 65,6 4
6th Richardhead 75,2 3
7th 8bitdontquit 87,9 2
8th Ausden 95,6 1
9th JamesRobot 102,1 1
10th Murray 120,2 1
11th Jeevan 120,9 1
12th bertsampson 122,4 1
13th ninjistar 999,9 1

Dino Vault

1st NESfiend 30 10
1st Gaia Gensouki 30 10
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 30 10
1st CMR 30 10
1st Jeevan 30 10
1st Tablew/chairs 30 10
1st Richardhead 30 10
1st bertsampson 30 10
9th Ausden 29 1
9th Murray 29 1
9th ninjistar 28 1
9th JamesRobot 28 1
9th 8bitdontquit 20 1

• The topic was pinned

Ok, doesn't matter. I managed to improve upon my old scores anyway. It helps that you can practice any challenge individually and repeatedly in the practice mode.

Dino-Race: 61.1s

Dino-Vault: 30 foots

Fire-Starting: 16.3s

Mate-Toss: 95 foots

Saber-Race: 38.9s

1853712640_DinoRace2.thumb.jpg.d2e6905383a17345cf368674ce0e0fd1.jpg

Dino Vault.jpg

Mate Toss.jpg

Saber Race.jpg

Fire Starting 3.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 2

Mate-toss: 95
Fire-starting: 14.9
Dino-race: 56.4
Saber-race: 40.2
Dino-vaulting: 30

IMG_20200813_014847.thumb.jpg.8502661c5630eaaf0068069a1388d591.jpgIMG_20200816_182038.thumb.jpg.cb8e3cc4679ad30deaa1ee8d684befdb.jpg
IMG_20200813_014904.thumb.jpg.82f0ea7560b1de1e11e7576685e53e2a.jpg
IMG_20200813_014913.thumb.jpg.a7074723d8eea94110cd5dc5d59a9000.jpg
IMG_20200810_222003.thumb.jpg.5d79aa8e545f9004b4a2673b9efdbd27.jpg

Just three events for today. That mate toss is giving my thumb a blister. 

Update: Now have decent scores for all 5 events. Vaulting, mate toss, and dino race are all at the max or at least pretty close. Fire starting feels pretty good but it's probably improvable. Saber race still has plenty of room for improvement. 

Update 2: improved fire starting a bit since my old score was beat. Despite my best efforts, I still suck at Saber race. Too much mashing is required. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
Fixing images

Events Team · Posted
20 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I remember quite enjoying this game during the NES contest. At least it's more original and fun than some of the other sports game compilations. May I use my highscores from back when?

I see you posted new better scores and that's great, but just to make it 100 % clear to everybody, any score posted in the VGS NES Weekly Contest must be score made during the specific week that a contest is held. Any score made before the thread of the week is posted is not a valid score for the contest. The rule is officially explained in the Leaderboard and Rules thread, under the 'Posting a score' section.

Keep on playing guys!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, Gaia Gensouki said:

I remember quite enjoying this game during the NES contest. 

Did you participate in the schmupp challenge? 10 seconds of button pressing basically? I wish I would have practiced it more. Not much of a button masher and its showing. I can play this game for like 5 min and my thumb is done. By the time I start to get the rhythm, I'm gassed. 

Edited by NESfiend

wednesday reflections

i use to work in a boat yard. grinding boat bottoms and running 20-30 ton forklift and 70 ton travelift. pick boats out of the water up to 65'-70'. i worked with a guy named corey who turned out to be one of my best friends. 

we use to go out after work every night. we both lived in the boat yard. i lived in a derilict sail boat (basically homeless. this boat was nasty and open to the elements. a tent would have been better)... damn i lived in that thing for like a year...

anyway one night we went out drinking and we met up with these girls at the bar. i was already wasted... i told them i had some weed and they said cool lets smoke. now.. idk what the fuck i was thinking because i literally had a roach on me. we get outside and i go to light the roach... oh wait before that i dropped a glass beer bottle on the dance floor and just left the bar because i was so drunk... they must have found me outside.. shit its hard to remember.. anyway i go to light yhis roach and the girls just look at me and say "what the fuck is that?". so im mid toke and look at them and look at the roach and it falls out of my hand lol.. corey starts cracking up lol. i still cant explain this next part.. i look at one of the girls and remember thinking, earlier in the night, she had a little pop belly on her.. so right after i drop the roach there just kind of staring at me and i go and rub this girls belly and say "oh thats so sweet how far along are you?"....... rotfl corey is laying on the ground laughing! 

the girl turns to her friend (i think they might have been sisters) and instantly says "you told me i look good in this dress!!"

i could have died laughing right then. she turns to me and says "what kind of person do you think i am?! why would i be at a bar?!" 

smh holy shit. i used to ride my sector 9 everywhere like 10 miles out because i didnt have a car. i would spend my last $ on a drink at the bar rather than pay for a cab home. even if it ment i had to walk 5 miles to get to that fucking boat. 

im pretty sure i skated out of there quick. i didnt see corey until work the next day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

wednesday reflections

i use to work in a boat yard. grinding boat bottoms and running 20-30 ton forklift and 70 ton travelift. pick boats out of the water up to 65'-70'. i worked with a guy named corey who turned out to be one of my best friends. 

we use to go out after work every night. we both lived in the boat yard. i lived in a derilict sail boat (basically homeless. this boat was nasty and open to the elements. a tent would have been better)... damn i lived in that thing for like a year...

anyway one night we went out drinking and we met up with these girls at the bar. i was already wasted... i told them i had some weed and they said cool lets smoke. now.. idk what the fuck i was thinking because i literally had a roach on me. we get outside and i go to light the roach... oh wait before that i dropped a glass beer bottle on the dance floor and just left the bar because i was so drunk... they must have found me outside.. shit its hard to remember.. anyway i go to light yhis roach and the girls just look at me and say "what the fuck is that?". so im mid toke and look at them and look at the roach and it falls out of my hand lol.. corey starts cracking up lol. i still cant explain this next part.. i look at one of the girls and remember thinking, earlier in the night, she had a little pop belly on her.. so right after i drop the roach there just kind of staring at me and i go and rub this girls belly and say "oh thats so sweet how far along are you?"....... rotfl corey is laying on the ground laughing! 

the girl turns to her friend (i think they might have been sisters) and instantly says "you told me i look good in this dress!!"

i could have died laughing right then. she turns to me and says "what kind of person do you think i am?! why would i be at a bar?!" 

smh holy shit. i used to ride my sector 9 everywhere like 10 miles out because i didnt have a car. i would spend my last $ on a drink at the bar rather than pay for a cab home. even if it ment i had to walk 5 miles to get to that fucking boat. 

im pretty sure i skated out of there quick. i didnt see corey until work the next day.

You need a Twitter. This isn't as good as the spooning a guy in a boat story from last week though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i lived in a derilict sail boat (basically homeless. this boat was nasty and open to the elements. a tent would have been better)... damn i lived in that thing for like a year...

This portion is the most telling part of the story. I lived in some pretty shitty places in my early twenties, but damn. A rotting boat that is "open to the elements?" I bet you are the proudest homeowner in all the land after having lived like that for an entire year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

This portion is the most telling part of the story. I lived in some pretty shitty places in my early twenties, but damn. A rotting boat that is "open to the elements?" I bet you are the proudest homeowner in all the land after having lived like that for an entire year. 

There used to be @Reed Rothchild weekly interviews. I mentioned spending time in a Toyota Tacoma and random motels. The participants here have some interesting stories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You need a Twitter. This isn't as good as the spooning a guy in a boat story from last week though.

ya i know. it was hilarious when i rub that girls belly and she yelled at her friend though 😂

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

id be willing to bet there has never been a tapeworm more proud of a butthole.

i didnt care about myself for a few years... it feels good to know i drug myself out if there...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

ya i know. it was hilarious when i rub that girls belly and she yelled at her friend though 😂

i didnt care about myself for a few years... it feels good to know i drug myself out if there...

We need a Youtube show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Wednesday stories from skinnys past really brings some light to a dark part of my work week. Keep the tradition going the rest of the season. 

• Thanks 1