IGNORED

Sealed Donkey Kong CBS/intellivision

phart010

Was interested in seeing what this was worth, so I listed it on eBay. Haven’t seen many in this good condition sealed.

It already got a $150 offer so at least worth that much, but I was gonna let it ride to the end to do some price discovery. 

Im not very well versed in Atari/Intellivision so no idea what it’s worth. I would hope that this doesn’t follow the same trend as standard Intellivision games since it is also a piece of early Nintendo history and has a CRAZY depiction of Mario and Donkey Kong that you won’t find anywhere else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-Donkey-Kong-Intellivision-RARE-Atari-CBS-Mario/114347156891?hash=item1a9f9f259b:g:qj4AAOSwe25fL427

6A3C2F30-82B9-499D-98E9-FF216892EBED.thumb.jpeg.23298c450503166bfaf32e7a179210c1.jpeg

B64F69E4-7B84-429D-898E-6BE140FDE60B.thumb.jpeg.d822bc0afb0c0eec6d1013a38265c2a4.jpeg

Edited by phart010

These CBS games are very uncommon but unfortunately I feel like that brings down the value on sealed games. The sealed market tends to favour more popular, well known games like Super Mario Bros. This game should be worth more because it's so uncommon but I doubt many people had this game as a kid so it has no nostalgia factor for them.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 2:33 PM, Code Monkey said:

These CBS games are very uncommon but unfortunately I feel like that brings down the value on sealed games. The sealed market tends to favour more popular, well known games like Super Mario Bros. This game should be worth more because it's so uncommon but I doubt many people had this game as a kid so it has no nostalgia factor for them.

I figured the Intellivision factor might drag it down. I really hate to sell this one, unfortunately just needed a little extra cash right now.

If I was one of these big-time sealed collectors, and money was no thing, this would get graded and be sitting on a display shelf next to graded Atari 2600 Mario Bros, 2600 Donkey Kong, 2600 Donkey Kong Jr, NES Super Mario Bros 1,2,3 and SNES Super Mario World.

The strange “humanized” version of Mario is awesome. It’s like a unicorn in Mario history.. haha not gonna lie, I’m definitely saying all this to promote the sale, but at the same time I really mean it.

Edited by phart010

Bump. Get your bids in. Still no bids... I know people are interested as there have been messages, watchers etc.  

It might at least hit $150 as there have been multiple offers, I’d be surprised if it went for lower than that. 

PLOT TWIST:: Then again, I set the auction to end at such a stupid time, maybe some people that intended to snipe will fall asleep and forget about this bidding on this one... who knows.

This would be an exciting addition to your vintage Mario cardboard collection. And in this condition, and SEALED its a pretty unique uncommon. Who knows WHEN/IF another one will become available. Get your bid in, don’t wait, you might fall asleep trying to snipe.

C96188D9-6082-4C5D-95FD-9425078B9099.thumb.jpeg.f35b3193afcccfe7fbf2cbcb21882d34.jpeg