IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Kiwi Kraze

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

I would have thought 200k was safe for top 8 for sure. Score submissions were so quiet until today. Im waiting to get snubbed by a last minute @ninjistar submission...

i pinged him in discord, he hasn't responded, he prolly gonna drop a 2 milly soon 🤣

7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I was gonna play more today, but i got to bidding and sniping some ebay auctions, got me some good n64 games below price 😉 

I decided a couple days ago my next purchase needs to be one of the snowboard kids games. All the 64 racers are so good and I haven't played those in 10+ years 

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

I decided a couple days ago my next purchase needs to be one of the snowboadd kids. All the 64 racers are so good and I haven't played those in 10+ years 

i got snowboard kids this last week........never played it, i bought a lot from a fellow vgser 🙂 some of their doubles

39 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i pinged him in discord, he hasn't responded, he prolly gonna drop a 2 milly soon 🤣

@Jeevan @NESfiend you guys are funny.  I updated my score about an hour ago. Nothing too crazy. I fell ONE FRUIT short of beating @JamesRobot's score. This is a fun, neat game but I wasn't into it this week. Glad I was still able to get a top 8 spot. 

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

@Jeevan @NESfiend you guys are funny.  I updated my score about an hour ago. Nothing too crazy. I fell ONE FRUIT short of beating @JamesRobot's score. This is a fun, neat game but I wasn't into it this week. Glad I was still able to get a top 8 spot. 

I think that bumps me to 9th 😞 

such a shitty finish lol

• Sad 1

Events Team · Posted

For the first time ever in the NES Weekly Contest History, this week featured Kiwi Kraze as the game to beat!

The game was a new addition to the contest, but not to all players. For a second consecutive week, the battle at the summit took place between our new skilled challenger @Sumez and veteran leader @bertsampson. It looks like the Human Cyborg got a new dance partner as the fight for the win was rather fierce between them, just like it was during the Tetris week. This time, Bert got the best of the battle with a score of 1,428,600, which account for a little over 100k more than his rival (1,327,000). Is this the beginning of an exciting rivalry between these two gladiators? Time will tell, but we can all agree that having a tense fight for the win always makes for a great show!

Though a little distant in term of points, another player did great this week by reaching the ending screen of Kiwi Kraze. This guy is @0xDEAFC0DE, aka The Puzzler, who managed to own 'this little cute bitch' of a game with a score of 629,000. @NESfiend was due to have a good run anytime soon, and it happened this very week as he landed a 4th place with a solid score of 445,000! Then, '2019 Contest Icons Hoarder' @8bitdontquit showed his head in the last few hours of the contest to claim 5th spot with a score of 355,100 and politely kick out @Jeevan of the ranking board with his 231,00 score. This said, the latter is still in the respectable 200k club, along with Videomation's Grand Prize Winner @JamesRobot (291,600), Star Shaped Buddy @ninjistar (256,700), VGS Graphics Master @CasualCart and, last but not least, Caveman Thag @CMR with 201,500.

To finish this off, let's note that despite being overwhelmed with all the chores, responsibilities and headache inducing problems that comes with moving into a new house, 2019 Shooter champion @docile tapeworm (aka skinnygrinny, aka The Grinder, aka 42 foot tapeworm, aka the styrofoam cup piece maestro), still managed to post a daring score of 17,500, which is only a million and a few hundred thousands points shy of first place! #HomeOwnerRepresent

As usual, thanks to everyone participating and see you all Prehistoric Olympians for the Caveman Games contest!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1