IGNORED

WTB: Photos of NWC - [NO BOUNTY]

ThePhleo

Hello!

My name is Joseph Leo, and I am the collector of Nintendo World Championships photos. I currently have at least 81 known Nintendo World Championship cartridges on my lists and I am now confident enough to post a bounty for your photos of Nintendo World Championships!

The rules are simple:

1. I must not already have the exact photo you have.
  2. The photo must be clear enough to tell it's an NWC
  3. Photos of the board, back, or top must also be accompanied with front label photos.

Currently I am paying the following!

Unfortunately, I can not share my photo archive publicly. The whole purpose of this archive is to act as a safe haven to prevent potential counterfeits. Also, since I am now publicly asking for photos I am now going to create a date stamped archive of the current collection. Why? Simple! If someone sends me a fake photo I can revert back to a fail-safe archive...it's relatively simple to photoshop a new number afterall and now that photos of new numbers are worth money then there's all the incentive in the world to create fakes!

Anyway, just for public disclosure, here's my publicly known list of NWC Cartridges!

[[[[LIST REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEWING]]]] Some really good fakes out there now 😕

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Looks like the guy with the other 200 copies of NWC just found his chance to cash out.

At that point they can make as many counterfeits as they want...I aint shelling out $20,000 for some JPGs...or am I? I don't know, I'm kinda crazy

I’ve snapped pics of most copies I’ve seen over the past 5-7 years. Will likely have many you already have photos for but maybe some you don’t. PM me this weekend and I’ll try to round them up. Happy to provide them free to support your efforts. Thanks for keeping track.

Edited by Xjwebb1982
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Here's a shot #1000, not on your list yet

I have no witty comeback for this post...wait, there it is. (kinda?)

14 hours ago, Xjwebb1982 said:

I’ve snapped pics of most copies I’ve seen over the past 5-7 years. Will likely have many you already have photos for but maybe some you don’t. PM me this weekend and I’ll try to round them up. Happy to provide them free to support your efforts. Thanks for keeping track.

Awesome :)

I hope you actually do have some pictures to share with me. I'll gladly keep to my bounty here as well, I'm fairly confident that I have many of the existing photos on the internet which is why I posted these bounties, to draw out the remaining ones I don't have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

How likely do you think those three that are rumored but reliable to exist are out there? 

The three are 100% confirmed via NintendoAge FS threads. Pictures disappeared from the web before I started my archive but the numbers were discussed....they’re absolutely confirmed to exist from high profile NA members at a time when these things were still priced in the mid to high four figure range.

...the only one Im skeptical about is #0345 which a friend of mine claims to have seen and held in person. This one has no known photos and no one has claimed to own it or even posted it...as far as I know I’m the only one who publicly claims it exists...but this guy has a mega collection and two copies of NWC grey himself so I see no reason for him to lie. I still mark it as suspect though on my list

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@guitarzombie is the first person to claim a $100.00 reward for a newly discovered NWC not in my list. It was actually one of the more important copies owned (and seemingly still owned) by Jeff Hansen! #0221 is now on the list 🙂

PS...I wonder if there’s a possibility that #0000 exists....

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Wasn't actually expecting it, but as I told him I respect his integrity.  Thank you!

With that said, I think its certainly a legitimate incentive for people to start finding and documenting them!

I put up a public bounty and I’ll stand by it as long as I can afford to.

The reason I started this bounty program is because I’ve run out of sources to search for NWC photos and I feel that It’ll draw out *some* photos from the people who have a photo or two in their hard drive.

Keep Em coming guys. Since we’ve started this I think I got two new NWCs and various new photos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JinxtheCat said:

Not to hijack this thread....but who in the world would trade an NWC of any condition for a Pokemon red regardless of condition?   i'm surprised more people aren't surprised...

I was surprised too, but didn’t want to thread hijack.

I think I can understand his rationale behind this trade. Original Pokemon is hot right now, so his thoughts are probably that it won’t be long until sealed Pokemon games start going crazy. 
I think the trade is crazy, but deals like this are starting to turn the hobby more and more into the comic collecting scene with “key issues” as opposed to the old rare staples.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 10:45 PM, Lincoln said:

not in this group, someone screencapped it and put it on twitter

spacer.png

original tweet:

Awesome, I didn't know that this one got graded :)

Unfortunately I already have 0141 in my archive, so instead of $100 you can claim $10 since its a new photo that I don't already have.

Send me your PayPal info and I'll send you $10. No strings attache!

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

like this...

for most of them, I crop out the junk and try to get them as square as possible but I've been lazy on that recently.

1.thumb.jpg.eba6c82542c81e43dce61a0eb9824e9c.jpg

I was curious about the security on the storage. Are they just on your computer? I imagine some people won't want their ownership known.

16 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I was curious about the security on the storage. Are they just on your computer? I imagine some people won't want their ownership known.

Two separate folders.

Folder 1 are pictures posted publicly on the internet. These are images that are already out there so their security is already compromised if there's any identifying information on them (see #0020-1)

Folder 2 are for photos shared with me privately that are not allowed to be posted online. Basically, they're from people who believe in the idea of having an archive of these things. I can not disclose what's in them and whether or not there are publicly known numbers in there.

Finally, there are three copies of all my archive.

Copy 1: My PC (duh)

Copy 2: An external hard drive which I backup once every so often (usually once a week) which is always plugged into this PC.

Copy 3: Cold storage hard drive. Updated once every few months.

I do not use cloud storage. I believe my cold storage provides enough security that I can grab it in the event of a fire. It is stored above ground so no worries for a flood, and it is unplugged so no worried for it getting fried.

I do not keep track of owners, sales history, or locations of these things. Never had, never will.

Edited by ThePhleo

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Two separate folders.

Folder 1 are pictures posted publicly on the internet. These are images that are already out there so their security is already compromised if there's any identifying information on them (see #0021-1)

Folder 2 are for photos shared with me privately that are not allowed to be posted online. Basically, they're from people who believe in the idea of having an archive of these things. I can not disclose what's in them and whether or not there are publicly known numbers in there.

Finally, there are three copies of all my archive.

Copy 1: My PC (duh)

Copy 2: An external hard drive which I backup once every so often (usually once a week) which is always plugged into this PC.

Copy 3: Cold storage hard drive. Updated once every few months.

I do not use cloud storage. I believe my cold storage provides enough security that I can grab it in the event of a fire. It is stored above ground so no worries for a flood, and it is unplugged so no worried for it getting fried.

I do not keep track of owners, sales history, or locations of these things. Never had, never will.

So if there's a fire when you're away, they're all gone. To my surprise, it's probably more secure since it's not stored on a cloud server but you run the risk of personally losing everything.

I manage data security so I was curious how you were handling it and whether I would want to provide photos of one I may never be able to afford in the future.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

So if there's a fire when you're away, they're all gone. To my surprise, it's probably more secure since it's not stored on a cloud server but you run the risk of personally losing everything.

I manage data security so I was curious how you were handling it and whether I would want to provide photos of one I may never be able to afford in the future.

There's some form of a minimized risk since my current PC is a laptop which I bring with me on business, the third hard drive is stored in a safe, and the apartment I live in is two floors with a sprinkler system.

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

If you get a crypto virus there's a good chance it will spread to the hard drive if it's always plugged in. I suggest having it unplugged unless you're doing a backup.