IGNORED

Game room tour 2020 (over 8000 games now)

goldenpp72

So in the early days I posted pictures of my game room but, it was lacking in the refinements. Since then things have been reconfigured, things added (pong table, first 4 figures, etc) and in general things just refined and cleaned up. In other words, I don't plan any further changes to it outside of anything that is added over time, so I figured i'd post it again. Many people from Nintendoage and Segaage had sold games that reside here now, over 12 years of effort. Eventually I'd like to take more pictures of my personal full sets but that's a pretty big undertaking, so only a few are present near the end. I'll post a few pictures but, click the link if you want to scroll through it, there are a few videos buried in there too on the short side. Link to the whole album https://photos.app.goo.gl/rivXTf4kUAdcgAbQ8

Edit: The album changed and broke the pics, will fix later.

ACtC-3evCU7OO_uhIZDpd0Ub8vqfsQNZG0FZB_y5

ACtC-3caIi8Mb6wqXjUoxBD5ZR1zi_INGszFhEsp

ACtC-3d4NPIhY1musp209kEgo7Kk59YdgyQn1KuI

ACtC-3cLmLEUWks1gJyMsIWwRE3w3pJuDzXxCODX

ACtC-3eINkmRNbVUJ0Kfc7oQalJb1raVIxHBdaFW

ACtC-3cVGw07bt2WF54jv4W8xzNimrQRHrdjCgEc

ACtC-3eb6jD-Pr8Eh34i4533DlLQmakhMij9RXC9

ACtC-3fr1cYkzqlhH8jh7abrUgNgRJ3U6yzgi_9L

ACtC-3dxLhTS6qADc9xebVjW_S4h7P7Rq8zDDwfZ

ACtC-3dMWllQ4zxEiGLV7h3cysfWzBPG3OZz52aA

ACtC-3ekxY3_Z35-KNJxswOgYEn3qxoSsFvltILW

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 7

5 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Amazing spot. Can you actually shoot pool near the DS games??

Yeah, though it can be a bit restrictive. The original owners of the house had the pool table there so, what we did was just measure how far it was from the wall already and duplicate those conditions when placing the shelving measurement wise. We have those short pool sticks too, with the long ones only being used for reach. It isn't ideal i'd say, but it works. I also strategically placed the DS and other hard case titles there just in the event of a bump, but now that figures and such are there, it's basically mutually an adult only thing due to the care needed. I've been looking into ways to try and put a clear barricade around the figures but, have not been able to come up with what i'd call an elegant solution there.

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

Amazing!

I like the way you lit up the amiibo case, and the floating shelves of figures.

I actually own every Amiibo that has released in the US I believe, but in that case I only put in the Smash series and did them according to their Smash number for Ultimate 😛

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

I actually own every Amiibo that has released in the US I believe, but in that case I only put in the Smash series and did them according to their Smash number for Ultimate 😛

This drip. It's too hard. You need sponges all on the floor to catch those waves

🌊💦🌊💦

Ya know, after going through all of those pictures it's easy to believe you when you say it's not about the value of the collection. A collection of that size and content is the journey. It's telling how the complete (?) N64 collection wasn't even profiled. There I know there's a sense of pride and comfort I get when I see in my game room and am surrounded by not just the content but the conquest. 

To have aquirred such an array of games must feel like such an accomplishment. As long as you have money in the savings account, job bringing a check in, roof over your head, I couldn't imagine myself parting ways with a collection of that size. 

Congratulations on such an accomplishment. Really to all of you guys who are such dedicated collectors. This is such a unique group of people. I'm glad just to have my *small* stake in the hobby.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
Appreciation

Love the refinements 🙂 It looks as great as it did the first time you gave us a peak. You've done an outstanding job not only building an amazing collection but also displaying it which can be just as hard sometimes. The amount of time and dedication can never be understated. Congrats! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

This drip. It's too hard. You need sponges all on the floor to catch those waves

🌊💦🌊💦

Ya know, after going through all of those pictures it's easy to believe you when you say it's not about the value of the collection. A collection of that size and content is the journey. It's telling how the complete (?) N64 collection wasn't even profiled. There I know there's a sense of pride and comfort I get when I see in my game room and am surrounded by not just the content but the conquest. 

To have aquirred such an array of games must feel like such an accomplishment. As long as you have money in the savings account, job bringing a check in, roof over your head, I couldn't imagine myself parting ways with a collection of that size. 

Congratulations on such an accomplishment. Really to all of you guys who are such dedicated collectors. This is such a unique group of people. I'm glad just to have my *small* stake in the hobby.

Not to stroke myself, I tend to just have a lot of attention to detail in most stuff I decide to take on. I spent weeks going through each game that existed on every system of even a little interest before coming up with personal sets which are all individually logged, which really was probably thousands of hours of research. Sites like Nintendoage though were invaluable assets to that cause and it was really a shame to see what happened to such helpful information. It's such a bizarre mix of work and fun though, aside the expense which has been problematic, it's difficult to organize and manage so much. It might seem like the game selections are random, but they are oddly tailored to my specific taste or things I find interesting in a historic or relevance sense at least.

I guess in my case, I wanted it to represent my taste in gaming, which started with the 2600 and still persist today with modern consoles, though Nintendo and Sega are my heart throbs 😛 

When I spend time in the room though, even if I just decide to watch tv, I do get a sense of happiness and memories of all the work and effort that went into it, it did help my fiancee has been involved for most of it too which makes it more fun. We used to go 'picking' at stores to find stuff, just kind of dried up these days.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

This is an amazing game room.  Very nice, I like.

Those posters around the pool table, do the frames have glass or plastic in them?  How many times has a cue ball come dangerously close to hitting them?

They are just plastic but, haven't been damaged just yet. Actually, i'd be more worried about it crashing to the floor. Thankfully so far the only mishap we had was a flying air hockey puck which didn't cause real damage 😛

8 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Love the refinements 🙂 It looks as great as it did the first time you gave us a peak. You've done an outstanding job not only building an amazing collection but also displaying it which can be just as hard sometimes. The amount of time and dedication can never be understated. Congrats! 

Based on your name, I assume you are aware of the struggle more than most. I could tell stories of the kind of packaging I've seen stuff arrive in, and how they end up surprised the game was destroyed. It's such a shame when you look at it as one less of a thing that you know is already scarce due to sheer negligence. I suppose it makes the victory a bit more satisfying though in some way.

• Like 1