IGNORED

Obligatory "Cat" thread

My tuxedo cat has a few growths that have developed on his back and I will need to be taking him in for surgery, he is five years old but has never been to the vet before. He's a fantastic cat though, super bright and talkative, likes to snuggle under the covers. I told my Dad I was going to take him in and that I was planning on it to lowball cost me about $2000 but that I could cover it, I had been awarded employee of the quarter at work and got a pretty nice bonus luckily. But my Dad pretty much got angry at me and said it was stupid to spend money on a cat and that I'm better off just putting him down (mind you the cat doesn't even seem to have any idea there is a problem) Told me that somebody my age should not be spending money like that.

Friggin boomers, lol.

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

My tuxedo cat has a few growths that have developed on his back and I will need to be taking him in for surgery, he is five years old but has never been to the vet before. He's a fantastic cat though, super bright and talkative, likes to snuggle under the covers. I told my Dad I was going to take him in and that I was planning on it to lowball cost me about $2000 but that I could cover it, I had been awarded employee of the quarter at work and got a pretty nice bonus luckily. But my Dad pretty much got angry at me and said it was stupid to spend money on a cat and that I'm better off just putting him down (mind you the cat doesn't even seem to have any idea there is a problem) Told me that somebody my age should not be spending money like that.

Friggin boomers, lol.

Horrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Pets are like family. You spend what you need to on them to keep them happy and healthy, since they  keep you happy and healthy too.

• Like 1

Bad timing on my side. I'll repost the video at a later date.

And @trj22487 I live with a family member who, after being told that I have Asperger's, has spent that time not really understanding what I have to deal with. Financially, they tend to be supportive when that is possible. But emotionally, it's one of those cases that has made my life more complicated than it could have been. So I totally relate with you when it comes to that.

Edited by FenrirZero

On 1/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, trj22487 said:

Told me that somebody my age should not be spending money like that.

Oh God I hate ageism...why in the world is the number of candles on your last birthday cake at all relevant to how much you love your cat and don't want to "just" put him down. 😞 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, trj22487 said:

Friggin boomers, lol.

Do you know you have to have surgery? They might be not cancerous and can live with if not causing discomfort

7 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Do you know you have to have surgery? They might be not cancerous and can live with if not causing discomfort

Haha yeah I'm 34 years old and still get treated like I'm 10 when it comes to that type of stuff from my Dad. But again, he's an ultra stereotypical boomer and doesn't even realize it. He's also really thrifty by nature, I don't even think he's bought clothing in the last 20 years that didn't come out of a thrift store. He and I aren't at all alike when it comes to that.

I don't know that it is necessary or not to have them removed because he hasn't been seen, I am aware they may not be cancerous, but I'd definitely prefer them to be gone. They are on his lower back, and my cat tends to lay directly on his back with all four paws in the air and roll around, so I think they might be uncomfortable when he does that. But he can't see or reach them and hasn't shown any signs of discomfort. I've actually had trouble finding a picture of another cat that has growths quite like mine do. I feel like the ones my cat has should be easy removals for a vet. They kind of look little like chicken fingers that have grown out of his body, about an inch long, they are real floppy and detached with small bases. I'm basically just waiting to do my taxes and get my car through registration before I tackle it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trj22487 said:

Haha yeah I'm 34 years old and still get treated like I'm 10 when it comes to that type of stuff from my Dad. But again, he's an ultra stereotypical boomer and doesn't even realize it. He's also really thrifty by nature, I don't even think he's bought clothing in the last 20 years that didn't come out of a thrift store. He and I aren't at all alike when it comes to that.

I don't know that it is necessary or not to have them removed because he hasn't been seen, I am aware they may not be cancerous, but I'd definitely prefer them to be gone. They are on his lower back, and my cat tends to lay directly on his back with all four paws in the air and roll around, so I think they might be uncomfortable when he does that. But he can't see or reach them and hasn't shown any signs of discomfort. I've actually had trouble finding a picture of another cat that has growths quite like mine do. I feel like the ones my cat has should be easy removals for a vet. They kind of look little like chicken fingers that have grown out of his body, about an inch long, they are real floppy and detached with small bases. I'm basically just waiting to do my taxes and get my car through registration before I tackle it.

spacer.png

Awww you can hold your kitty like a baby as well? 🙂  That's so sweet...I don't even wanna think about what that must be like seeing your best buddy in that kind of condition; I hope he can get his operation and full recovery sooner rather than later.  And don't feel too bad about the "being treated like a ten year old stuff"...there are some "adult" kinds of things I personally can really do without. 😛   And it might be all the more reason I'm not destined to have human kinds of children because I do NOT want to end up like, you know... 😛 

43 minutes ago, avatar! said:

This is a live stream of virtual court proceedings in the 394th Judicial District Court of Brewster, Culberson, Hudspeth, Jeff Davis and Presidio Counties, Judge Roy Ferguson presiding

My wife showed me that this morning. I love how 1/4 of the window is reserved to state it's illegal to record and distribute the meeting, and yet, here we are.

Given what's been going on with the severe winter weather in Texas and elsewhere (we got several inches of snow and some ice where we're from ourselves) I thought this would fit:

http://www.catversushuman.com/2012/12/blog-post_31.html

Sadly the original version of this story did not have a happy ending 😞  I'm so happy that I'm able to help my kitty have a good warm safe home.

Edited by Estil

You have to really be a shite to put kittens (or any animal, apart from perhaps politicians) into a bag and leave them at the mercy of chance! Fortunately turned out okay... hope the person(s) responsible suffer greatly! Seriously, just drop them off at the humane shelter if you can't care for them, don't let them suffocate in a bag!!

Fortunately, no thanks to the original owner, it turned out well...

"She's doing a fantastic job nursing and caring for her babies, and all 7 will be placed with their foster family this afternoon."

Screenshot-from-2021-02-21-20-06-06.png

https://www.insider.com/photos-ohio-bomb-squad-sent-disarms-suspicious-bag-finds-6-kittens-2021-2

• Sad 1

We sadly had a similar situation in our area where a cat/kittens were left on a doorstep in the freezing cold/snow 😞  Luckily they too were found in time and are safe.  Let's hope for both the Ohio kitties above and the ones found in my area they do have a good foster parent...

Screen-Shot-2016-08-04-at-5.25.22-PM-102

• 2 weeks later...