IGNORED

Sold

ProtonX

Huh I thought he was giving a deal.  I recall at least last I looked (last year later) I saw the things at and just over $300, same too when the ZeldaXPro (v3 that's stable) GC2HDMI external adapter dropped for $100.  I looked it up then too when I went and bought that cable which I think was the year before.

They're expensive and have been for a number of years since people started making video game second hand a for profit service instead of a hobby for most.  Nintendo stupidly never sold them except on their website, and didn't really advertise it either which was even more dumb so there just isn't that many.

46 minutes ago, austin532 said:

You would think with the multiple third party choices out there that the prices would go way down but no. It's considered a trophy piece so that's why they are still expensive IMO.

The 3rd party component cables are all crap. They don't convert the signal right. 

The HDMI adapters are great but it's a different use case. If you want to play on a standard CRT, an HDMI adapter is useless for you. Even if you had one of those late era CRT TVs with HDMI input, the lag would be different. 

Personally I settled for playing my GameCube games through a Wii with a Wii component cable. 

10 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The 3rd party component cables are all crap. They don't convert the signal right. 

The HDMI adapters are great but it's a different use case. If you want to play on a standard CRT, an HDMI adapter is useless for you. Even if you had one of those late era CRT TVs with HDMI input, the lag would be different. 

Personally I settled for playing my GameCube games through a Wii with a Wii component cable. 

9 hours ago, austin532 said:

I think for the average person, the GCHD Mk II and Insurrection cables are fine. They are not exactly the same as OEM ones but are far from bad from what I've seen.

doesnt retro access make one of these?

edit: i guess not

Edited by docile tapeworm

10 hours ago, austin532 said:

I think for the average person, the GCHD Mk II and Insurrection cables are fine. They are not exactly the same as OEM ones but are far from bad from what I've seen.

https://www.retrorgb.com/carby-component-cables.html

RetroRGB seems to like those cables.  I would bet firmware has been updated to improve the experience since that article too. Seems like a good option all around.

These GC cables could be a cool collectors item for the right person.  Good luck with the sale.

10 hours ago, austin532 said:

I hadn't seen the Insurrection cables. That's cool that they use the digital port. Makes a huge difference. They probably are very good.