IGNORED

Complete NES Cartridge-Only Collection

GhaleonsDeadMyFriend

Hey folks, I’m curious about the current 2020 market value of the licensed North American cartridge-only NES collection, thought y’all might have some input. No recent completed listings on eBay that I can find, however one of you is selling a collection that includes unlicensed for $59,995. Going to assume much less than that...

7 hours ago, GhaleonsDeadMyFriend said:

Hey folks, I’m curious about the current 2020 market value of the licensed North American cartridge-only NES collection, thought y’all might have some input. No recent completed listings on eBay that I can find, however one of you is selling a collection that includes unlicensed for $59,995. Going to assume much less than that...

You’ve got to do the leg work and calculate it. You can use price charting or game value now as a reference and even then some prices might be off. 

14 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It's right on the main page for gamevaluenow.com.

Avg Loose: $52.93
Avg Complete Price/Game: $124.34
Nintendo NES Set Value: $40,440.17
Complete Set Value: $94,996.69

This is a good rough estimate but keep in mind there are a lot of random games on PC and GVN that haven’t been updating regularly. GVN can’t fix it globally, someone needs to report a game isn’t pulling correctly in order for them to fix it. At least that’s how it was a few weeks ago from Magus

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

This is a good rough estimate but keep in mind there are a lot of random games on PC and GVN that haven’t been updating regularly. GVN can’t fix it globally, someone needs to report a game isn’t pulling correctly in order for them to fix it. At least that’s how it was a few weeks ago from Magus

With 700 games on the system, a few not reporting correctly isn't going to make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

With 700 games on the system, a few not reporting correctly isn't going to make a difference. 

A valid point, however, with the amount of games I have seen (and I’m not really looking up that many games) not pulling information for a few months and the surge in pricing I would say the number presented could be very conservative. This is why I have mentioned using the sold items filter on eBay along with PC and GVN to determine FMV

Edited by a3quit4s
Words

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

A valid point, however, with the amount of games I have seen (and I’m not really looking up that many games) not pulling information for a few months and the surge in pricing I would say the number presented could be very conservative. This is why I have mentioned using the sold items filter on eBay along with PC and GVN to determine FMV

Game Value Now and Price Charting both use the eBay API to pull all of the latest sold data. If you're fine with using sold listings on eBay, then that's literally the exact same data you'll see on those two sites.

57 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Game Value Now and Price Charting both use the eBay API to pull all of the latest sold data. If you're fine with using sold listings on eBay, then that's literally the exact same data you'll see on those two sites.

Yes, I know. If you take a look at the Game Value Now main thread you can see numerous games I pointed out that were having issues getting data. That is all I was saying. 

• 5 weeks later...

I wonder if it’s just as simple as pulling the price of all the individual games and adding them together.

A variable in favor of higher prices is the convenience factor of getting it all in one place without having to put in any of the work of collecting the items. 

Although the relative infrequency of full set sales could also be a variable in favor of pricing it lower.

I think it’s like selling real estate. There’s a reference price, but in the end the house could sell higher or lower depending on market conditions.

Edited by phart010

On 8/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, MrWunderful said:

This is very interesting to me, as I am only two carts away from this - Stadium events and wizards and warriors III

I’m not looking to purchase a stadium events though I’m OK with the minus one “complete”

What a weird game to be missing. Funny how that ended up being your last non-SE game to collect.