IGNORED

Star Trek Lower Decks = Utter Crap

I've only heard of this series but decided to give it a pass long ago because this is what I suspected.

My wife and I decided to give Picard a try and I wouldn't say it was horrible but it wasn't horrible but it wasn't Star Trek and it wasn't Picard.

People think every piece of media should be made for them, because they love the IP more.

I see nothing wrong with this animated series. People just like to whine.

The only place this type of complaint is valid is if the writing or style changed during the actual show.

For example; Game of Thrones. Went from being a political drama with a medieval fantasy setting, to...whatever that was when it ended 

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Im actually looking forward to seeing this........am i alone?  I think it might be a good take on the rest of the crew lol.

But neckbeards online informed me it was already a disgusting failure

#cancelstarwars

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This feels like when TNG first aired.  Oh, it's not Star Trek!  Oh, it is crap!  This is not my Star Trek!  When DS9 first aired...oh, why is it in a space station?  Star Trek is about going places, etc. etc.

Seems to be the reaction every time a new Star Trek series is released.  Now, YouTube makes it easier for people to complain even when they haven't even watched it! 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, TrekMD said:

This feels like when TNG first aired.  Oh, it's not Star Trek!  Oh, it is crap!  This is not my Star Trek!  When DS9 first aired...oh, why is it in a space station?  Star Trek is about going places, etc. etc.

Seems to be the reaction every time a new Star Trek series is released.  Now, YouTube makes it easier for people to complain even when they haven't even watched it! 

TNG is best imo, i then like voyager as well.  For some reason i couldn't get into DS9........

I like the OG, but TNG by far is star trek to me.

I have no real interest in watching this, I'll be clear on that. I do like Star Trek tho, but don't watch it as much as I used to.

One thing I will say is that I think the animation looks a bit cheap. Reminds me of that Final Space show on Netflix, which I didn't much enjoy.

However, it's completely unfair and ridiculous to write off a series and disparage it entirely based on a couple minutes trailer. Bad form, really, from the kinds of online commentators who commonly stoop to this. 😐

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, OptOut said:

I have no real interest in watching this, I'll be clear on that. I do like Star Trek tho, but don't watch it as much as I used to.

One thing I will say is that I think the animation looks a bit cheap. Reminds me of that Final Space show on Netflix, which I didn't much enjoy.

However, it's completely unfair and ridiculous to write off a series and disparage it entirely based on a couple minutes trailer. Bad form, really, from the kinds of online commentators who commonly stoop to this. 😐

I'll let ya know lol

It may or may not get the approval from the beard 🧔

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fox said:

Anyone tired of entitled youtubers whining about things they haven’t even seen?

You mean, they're not entitled to their opinion? That's what it is, an opinion. BUT, given what Alex Kurtzman has done with the franchise thus far, and yes although it is only a trailer seeing as it sets the tone for the entire series, these opinions aren't coming out of thin air. Many of these opinions are coming from very geeky fans of the series, and it's the fans that really support the series by purchasing merchandise and not just watching the show. 

13 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

The only place this type of complaint is valid is if the writing or style changed during the actual show.

Yup, and if you actually listen to what fans are saying, this is EXACTLY the case with Lower Decks. Unlike TNG and other Trek shows/movies, Lower Decks is making the ensigns look incompetent, foolish, asinine, and basically a Family Guy with Rick and Morty. Oh, and the animation "quality" is just shite. 

Sorry that this Alex dude stole your girl or something, geez you really seem bitter with him

Oh so the dude that did that sci fi comedy Rick and Morty is doing another sci fi comedy cept Star Trek, that's not the worst idea ever actually.  The Family Guy dude already did a sci fi comedy series called the Orville that people dig.  Galaxy Quest is funny AF.

Maybe it is time treksters lighten up and stop taking everything so serious?  Cause others have been making fun of Trek for years, it is ok to have a laugh at the thing you like sometimes.

Edited by fox

19 minutes ago, fox said:

Sorry that this Alex dude stole your girl or something, geez you really seem bitter with him

Oh so the dude that did that sci fi comedy Rick and Morty is doing another sci fi comedy cept Star Trek, that's not the worst idea ever actually.  The Family Guy dude already did a sci fi comedy series called the Orville that people dig.  Galaxy Quest is funny AF.

Maybe it is time treksters lighten up and stop taking everything so serious?  Cause others have been making fun of Trek for years, it is ok to have a laugh at the thing you like sometimes.

I think you're missing the point here. People have a right to discuss shows/movies/games/politics as they see fit. It's not about "lighen up" it's about voicing an opinion and in this case while admittedly not exactly a pressing matter in the grand scheme of things, nonetheless sci-fi and other greeky fans are upset that a great franchise is getting ruined. And yes, most Star Trek fans have flocked over to The Orville since many view it as a real successor to Star Trek while today's Trek is an insult to Gene Roddenberry's vision. 

The thing is, this show is literally not for the Star Trek die hard fan. It’s literally not for you, it’s for people like me who kinda heard of Star Trek and are nerdy but indifferent towards the series.

Something like this might actually make a dude like me give a crap about the series and maybe sit through a season.

I liked Picard just fine. I like Patrick Stewart and I liked seeing a lot of the old characters come back. I guess I don't understand what "real" Star Trek is. 

I loved The Next Generation as a kid, thought Deep Space 9 was ok, and never really watched any of the others. I liked the recent movies.

I couldn't get past hearing the family guy characters the little bit that I've seen of The Orville.