IGNORED

Sega CD/Saturn replacement cases

"These painstakingly recreated longbox jewel cases have been manufactured in the US to the standards of the original cases and are made of the same material. They are the perfect way to make your Sega CD, Sega Saturn, or PlayStation 1 long box games look new again."

Well, I'm out. We all knew they were manufactured as crap. Haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

"These painstakingly recreated longbox jewel cases have been manufactured in the US to the standards of the original cases and are made of the same material. They are the perfect way to make your Sega CD, Sega Saturn, or PlayStation 1 long box games look new again."

Well, I'm out. We all knew they were manufactured as crap. Haha

It was my understanding that the Limited Run cases were of much better quality than the initial VGC case run (their second run was apparently much better)

10 hours ago, attakid101 said:

Are there identifiable markings to distinguish these cases from originals?

No. These are presumably the cases that they use for the various Sega CD reissues and Saturn-like special editions like Panzer Dragoon for Switch.

I just recently got my reprint of Monkey Island and the cases are nearly indistinguishable from the originals. However, the plastic is clearly softer than the originals and they are easier to scratch. Older plastics had environmentally worse chemicals in them, but they were generally more durable.

Personally, I'm dropping money on two cases. My PlayStation long box and Saturn collections can use them. Thank God that this is an open order and there's no limit on them. The other run that was on Amazon has been sold out for a year. There will be a time when retro gaming wanes and that new retro products will no longer be manufactured so buy a case at least to have as back up.

39 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

OK - They made them available a bit early.   I was going to order a case but they wanted $26 to ship.  Since I only need one case right now I decided to skip it.    

I did the same thing. I watched the countdown and was going to order when it went live. Added to the cart, then saw the shipping price. "Uh let me check some games..... Nah im good"