IGNORED

Drugs

CodysGameRoom

Let's talk about drugs! I put it here because no doubt the issue is highly politicized and most people probably wouldn't want this topic in the feed.

So drugs. Good? Bad? Pharmaceutical? Recreational? Keep them illegal? Legalize and tax?  Was/Is the "War on Drugs" bullshit? Marijuana for medicinal purposes? 

Let's discuss. 

Administrator · Posted

I firmly believe that the government should have NO hand WHATSOEVER in recreational drugs. Drugs that can kill and/or those that are explicitly used for date rape, yeah, monitor that shit. I'd even go so far as to argue that the government should stay out of alcohol as well - there should not be a minimum age to purchase alcohol.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 2

I'm personally against drug use in general as well as the approach that has been taken by governments to drug regulation, criminalization, and other issues.

Pharmaceutical drugs for legitimate use - fine. 

Recreational use of pharmaceutical drugs - dangerous and irresponsible. 

Use of natural drugs such as mushrooms and marijuana - should be up to you but should have responsible use laws, as alcohol

Use of chemically synthesized recreational drugs - VERY dangerous, should be a ban, but criminalization only for production and major distribution.

Chemically synthesized recreational drugs are a huge danger and causing many of our mental illnesses these days.  MDMA for example does PERMANENT damage to the way your body uses and produces serotonin.  Extended use is virtually guaranteed to cause depression and other mental illnesses, and even light use is dangerous.  People simply don't understand what they're taking and what it does.  In addition, these drugs are usually synthesized in a non-laboratory setting and there's no way to know what they're cut with or if they are produced safely, so in addition to the risk of the drug itself, you have no idea what you are taking.  It's bad enough we barely know what's in our food, but to take stuff made in someone's garage lab is simply irresponsible. 

Should you even qualify for health care if you're taking illicit substances?  There's an inflammatory question for you.   Should your insurance company be able to cut you off since you were doing something illegal that legitimately jeopardizes your health?

Drugs should not be legal except for marijuana. Imagine making heroin legal. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Tons of people are alcoholics and die because of it each year. Imagine if you could just walk into Walmart and buy some heroin no problem. You'd have a lot more drug related deaths because of the easy access to them. Making them illegal makes them much harder to get and limits how many people are negatively effected by them. Drugs bring crime, money problems, violence, disease, death, family destruction, etc. They're horrible. 

3 hours ago, Rhino said:

Making them illegal makes them much harder to get and limits how many people are negatively effected by them.

It's funny. I don't disagree. But when people make this same argument about guns for some reason the outcome is different. 🤔

3 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

"Drugs are neat,

And you can find them relatively cheap,

And when you do them people think that your cool"

- NoFX

One of my favorite bands! Well, they used to be. They kinda suck now. But I still love 'em.

6 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

It's funny. I don't disagree. But when people make this same argument about guns for some reason the outcome is different. 🤔

One of my favorite bands! Well, they used to be. They kinda suck now. But I still love 'em.

Maybe the difference is the guns are already here. They're already manufactured and owned and can't be consumed like drugs can. The supply of guns is much more constant than the supply of drugs. 

23 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

One of my all time favorites too.  I like their new stuff but their older stuff is definitely better.  I've seen them liver a bunch of times.  They are great live.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 10:46 AM, tbone3969 said:

"Drugs are neat,

And you can find them relatively cheap,

And when you do them people think that your cool"

- NoFX

9 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I heard they suck live.

love "punk in drublic" "valium" and that other album is decent.

i have the live album too its funny.

a crow, a scavenger type...

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

thats each individuals choice to turn into a junkie or not.

I agree but only to a point.  It's the individual's choice to assume the risk and get high but once addiction sets in, the will to quit is undermined by the addiction. 

Also, 

Kicking ass, and busting heads
Red suspenders
Once a day he shaves his head
But will he ever walk the line? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I agree but only to a point.  It's the individual's choice to assume the risk and get high but once addiction sets in, the will to quit is undermined by the addiction. 

Also, 

Kicking ass, and busting heads
Red suspenders
Once a day he shaves his head
But will he ever walk the line? 

i realize its powerful. ive seen first hand. my cousin has lost everything. his first wife and child and his second baby momma and that child as well.... its sad. but all that said... at the end of the day... i can still look him in his glossed out, red, far away eyes and he knows. he dont want to get sick. he dont have the balls to knock it... not even for his own kids...

also:

whyyyyyy must we staaaaAAAaaayyyyy

32 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I will start a NOFX appreciation thread if I must!

They have 43 live albums now, I heard they suck live, they've actually gotten worse, and then the Ribbed full album live. They are all pretty fun. Suck is classic though. 2nd NOFX CD I ever bought.

he had genitle warts all over his ass

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1