IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

@CodysGameRoom 

Mods here do it daily by allowing members to post their thinly veiled racist opinions with no recourse. But it's ok because they were "civil" I guess. 

this is off topic bit it has always kinda bothered me. if i replace " racist opinions" (not trying to down play that by any means) from your statement with "insults" would it be wrong? 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

@CodysGameRoom

I think Gloves and B.A. addressed a few points you made in response to mine.  I'll add a bit:

I never said I didn't like your personality as a whole.  

I'd like to believe that my calm and collected comments are at least providing some insight to issues, that if they don't change minds, maybe they make people think.  As BA pointed out, not everyone actually posts here, who reads and processes what we are talking about.  At the very least, I don't think I"m turning people away.

Your opinions are welcome, all I'm asking for is a little bit of restraint.

I don't personally have an issue with the general cursing as long as it's not extreme.

I never suggested or even insinuated that your opinions are less valid because you curse, nor do I think I'm better than you.

I don't want you gone, nor do I want to "shake hands with the racists and sexists."

My comments were not meant to attack you, or tell you to get out of the thread or off the board, nor to censor you, in any way.  I am honestly - genuinely - trying to provide some constructive criticism.  I've told you before that I agree with much of what you say and that I consider you an ally.  I want to work WITH you to fight racism, homophobia, sexism, all those things.  Not against you.  I don't want to fight with you, or argue with you, or anything of the sort.  Please take my comments to heart.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rhino said:

We need to stop this death to cops rhetoric.

Idk who you’re talking to, but you quoted me in this and I have not said any such thing.

18 hours ago, Rhino said:

If you commit a serious crime, you should be arrested. If a certain group actually commits more crimes than other groups, that that's reality, not racism.

What do you call it when people of color are still much more likely to be arrested for crime than white people are even when offense rates are virtually identical across races?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Cleared by a system engulfed in racism, which was proven by the Justice Department. Racist system says man wasn't racist. Hmm. 🤷‍♂️

No, he was cleared by a grand jury of his peers, as well as basic good ol' common sense.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Just gonna jump in quick to say that this is not true. We've issued warnings multiple times (official ones). Get too many and you're banned. There's a system in place.

Just because you report something and we don't say anything publicly or outright ban the person doesn't mean that nothing is being done. The outcome of a report isn't typically shared back with the person who reported it.

You know at the old NA forum there was a bunch of people with the distinctive "BANNED" profile pic...but I don't see any here.  I guess this time we're all being good boys and girls...most of the time?  I hope...?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Estil said:

You know at the old NA forum there was a bunch of people with the distinctive "BANNED" profile pic...but I don't see any here.  I guess this time we're all being good boys and girls...most of the time?  I hope...?

There are currently 4 banned users.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Estil said:

I don't see their distinctive pics though; or do you just zap them completely and their posts no longer appear?

We don't have it auto-changing their avatars.

Beyond that, only one was really "active" in general. The others were spammers and/or weirdos. One guy posted goatse so I insta-banned him.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Beyond that, only one was really "active" in general. The others were spammers and/or weirdos. One guy posted goatse so I insta-banned him.

Now you’ve done it.  How many people are gonna google that now - hmmm, wonder what tha—-agh!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Gloves said:

What do you have against goats?  I do kinda feel bad though for this kind, what "goat" USED to mean in the sports world...

peanuts.gif

61m2a8t-d8L._AC_SY500_.jpg

9229962-large.jpg

Big-Reads-Jays-93-Williams-walks-off.jpg

20 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Why did he get banned for posting goats? Nvm someone already beat me to it lmao

Edited by Kimbolemonslice
Oops

38 minutes ago, Link said:
18 hours ago, Rhino said:

If you commit a serious crime, you should be arrested. If a certain group actually commits more crimes than other groups, that that's reality, not racism.

What do you call it when people of color are still much more likely to be arrested for crime than white people are even when offense rates are virtually identical across races?

My only confusion with the article is that they don't seem to be comparing stops/charges, just "usage rates", which seems tough to directly tie to interactions with the law. They do refer to "possession" throughout but I'm wondering if they're excluding distribution (or even adjusting for total amount at all), since I believe that carries a higher charge and is more susceptible to arrest. Also, I'm assuming they're only referring to sole marijuana possession without the presence of other drugs. 

Regardless, weed should be legal in general. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aguy said:

I was just thinking about this; how long till we get our first "cornball cornsucker" level tirade?

I eagerly await the day. 🍿 

26 minutes ago, Kimbolemonslice said:

Why did he get banned for posting goats? Nvm someone already beat me to it lmao

Kimbolemon... lemon... 🤔 didn’t I meet you at a party somewhere?

Edited by Link
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Link said:

Idk who you’re talking to, but you quoted me in this and I have not said any such thing.

The general "we" as a society. I think @Silent Hill covered it pretty well. The link you posted only addresses consumption. It does not take into account another variable which is minorities could be living in more crime ridden areas than white people, therefore they are more likely to be stopped by cops. Could it be racial profiling, sure. Could it not be racial profiling, sure. 

13 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

My only confusion with the article is that they don't seem to be comparing stops/charges, just "usage rates", which seems tough to directly tie to interactions with the law. They do refer to "possession" throughout but I'm wondering if they're excluding distribution (or even adjusting for total amount at all), since I believe that carries a higher charge and is more susceptible to arrest. Also, I'm assuming they're only referring to sole marijuana possession without the presence of other drugs. 

Regardless, weed should be legal in general. 

You nailed it on the head.