IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's happening right now is incredibly embarrassing and shameful, and that's putting it lightly.  And make no mistake - as a non-Trump supporter, I'm not "happy" to see this.  It's incredibly distur

Hey guys I havent read the thread anything happen while I was gone?

Not me! 

Posted Images

Member · Posted

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-trump-steered-supporters-into-unwitting-donations/ar-BB1fgYen?li=BBnb7Kz

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

Edited by Tulpa
Member · Posted

I'm going to guess that Kristi Noem also thinks video games and D&D are evil and corrupting... too bad, I think she could make a decent rogue 🙂

Also, is she really this daft or is she secretly working with Lil Nas X to sell his shoes, since she sure is promoting them well!

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams allegedly kills 5 in South Carolina, dead by apparent suicide

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/five-including-doctor-his-two-grandchildren-killed-south-carolina-shooting-n1263411

Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, Barbara Lesslie, 69, and their grandchildren...The York County Coroner's Office said the grandchildren were Adah Lesslie, 9, and Noah Lesslie, 5.

"I can say he's a good kid," Alonzo Adams told the station. "I think the football messed him up."

Horrible tragedy...

On 4/6/2021 at 11:04 PM, Tulpa said:

I'm about halfway through that show, and I have to admit it has scared for the future.

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

I'm about halfway through that show, and I have to admit it has scared for the future.

Why? Just out of curiosity.  I mean, how long can ridiculous goal posts shift? I get that now its been monetized by “influencers” so they have to milk rubes to keep it going. But if every single thing is part of the conspiracy, is it really a conspiracy?

I feel like the majority of it is people just trolling and scamming other people. 

Unless you were referring to the disappointment in the lowering of the collective  intelligence of the USA, of which I agree.   

56 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Why? Just out of curiosity.  I mean, how long can ridiculous goal posts shift? I get that now its been monetized by “influencers” so they have to milk rubes to keep it going. But if every single thing is part of the conspiracy, is it really a conspiracy?

I feel like the majority of it is people just trolling and scamming other people. 

Unless you were referring to the disappointment in the lowering of the collective  intelligence of the USA, of which I agree.   

My disappointment in the lowering of the collective intelligence of the USA is exactly what I am referring to. Major politicians are legitimizing these people by being sympathetic to their ridiculous claims in order to harvest them for votes. I hope it goes away in the couple years. I just want normalcy.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!