IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Administrator · Posted

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-kyrgyzstan-police-saudi-arabia-new-jersey-2769e96644739357e47098a242d9f018

Amidst all the chaos and political nonsense surrounding the horrible events, there was a tragic loss of a Capital officer Brian Sicknick, who was in the National Guard, deployed overseas, and returned to serve his country by protecting the capitol.  

It's a tragedy that shouldn't have happened, and I can't imagine what his friends and family are going through, losing him to such a senseless attack.

• Like 3

Watching this whole weird thing happen and witnessing a political party kinda implode is something I will remember for ever. 

Q-anon nutbags are arguing over whether or not is was antifa because they dont want to look like sissies in front of something that doesnt exist. 

How crazy is the 3D chess conspiracy that antifa is spending the last four years becoming well known people in the right wing/conspiracy ecosystem getting neo-nazi tattoos etc just to false flag an insurrection to make Trump supporters look bad? 

Beyond absurd. 

The fact that “Big Tech” swooped in right at the perfect time and just shut everybody the fuck up is the icing on the cake. 

I want to talk to a Trumper in real life and discuss all these people getting banned off twitter and just see their response to the fact that their first amendment rights have nothing to do with private companies, especially when someone probably legally protected themselves from what ever they did. 

Like, if people want to say racist crap and threaten people with murder, just develop your own trillion dollar software company and procure millions of loyal followers and say whatever the fuck you want and literally, no one can do anything about it 😂😂😂

Its deep state proof!

• Like 2

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-air-force-combat-veteran-breached-the-senate?fbclid=IwAR1XorIeQ8gFTF857ugiv15e-yyGL4Akp6FsQPuLf20eJE7rS_CGvsPM3Gg

"In the wake of the U.S. Capitol attacks, four major corporations said they are suspending contributions through their corporate PACs to Republican lawmakers they’ve previously backed who challenged the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. "

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tulpa said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-air-force-combat-veteran-breached-the-senate?fbclid=IwAR1XorIeQ8gFTF857ugiv15e-yyGL4Akp6FsQPuLf20eJE7rS_CGvsPM3Gg

"In the wake of the U.S. Capitol attacks, four major corporations said they are suspending contributions through their corporate PACs to Republican lawmakers they’ve previously backed who challenged the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. "

They are gaslighting. There are no major elections for them to donate to for half a year 

Editorials Team · Posted

So they drag a cop into the crowd, savagely beat him, and then some of them say "he's a cop!" and try to get him to safety (while he's getting sucker punched)

Like, what exactly do they think the mob is in the middle of doing?

Blue Lives Matter... until Dear Leader says "March." Then everything's on the table.

• Like 2

Good to see some folks step in and protect him in that clip.

One positive thing I've seen come from this unfortunate event is that the general left seems to have started defending law enforcement again after demonizing them for the last ~7 months. I wonder if the extreme left is applauding the extreme right for this display of violence against law enforcement. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I wonder if the extreme left is applauding the extreme right for this display of violence against law enforcement.

Given that the extreme right is blaming the extreme left for staging the whole incident, I somewhat doubt that.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

general left seems to have started defending law enforcement again after demonizing them for the last ~7 months.

I wouldn't say the "general left" was demonizing law enforcement. Taking a stand against systemic racism, yes. Pointing out that "Blue Lives Matter" is an ignorant argument, yes. But anyone with a brain, right or left, should be doing that. But I'd say the "general left" typically is anti violence and defends human rights in general.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Good to see some folks step in and protect him in that clip.

One positive thing I've seen come from this unfortunate event is that the general left seems to have started defending law enforcement again after demonizing them for the last ~7 months. I wonder if the extreme left is applauding the extreme right for this display of violence against law enforcement. 

Both extremes need to be written off as morons.

Unfortunately one of them held the White House and was able to cultivate a large organized base that is able to manipulate the general right through intimidation.

Cue Californication with a "all conservatives are extreme" 😅

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Unfortunately one of them held the White House and was able to cultivate a large organized base that is able to manipulate the general right through intimidation.

One difference is that the extreme right will claim patriotism and order in general as one of their points and project those sentiments outwardly. By claiming an issue as ones own there is also more to live up to so when you beat on policemen, vandalize government institutions and try delegitimizing election results it becomes an exacerbated failure.

Conservatives are being done a disservice having shit like this associated with their cause.

33 minutes ago, cartman said:

Conservatives are being done a disservice having shit like this associated with their cause.

They freely associate with that shit when it suits them. It's hard for them to say, "well, that's not us," in the bad times when they were saying "that is us," when things were going good.

They either have to own it, or take big steps to purge it themselves.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Oh, and In case anyone had any questions about the sheer incompetence of Trump supporters:

https://apple.news/AzzgY1vIdTiq4kwBPOnJD7Q

https://www.newsweek.com/mall-closes-after-pro-trump-extremist-group-confuses-it-courthouse-targeted-protest-1560932

When you look up “Trumpism” in the future, you will see people mistaking malls for courthouses.  But at least you had big foreign made flags and yelled at people through a megaphone

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sry late to the party. Busy day at work. I don't say all conservatives are extreme. I think conservative ideology breeds extremism. 

Edit: Not sure why you are equating the far right and far left. They are completly different things.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1