IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

20 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Let's watch and see what happens over the course of the next month or two. Once Trump is out, the CCP will do something to test Biden. It could be something relatively benign, or it could be something a bit worse, such as annexing a few of the outlying islands that the Republic of China (the good guys that run Taiwan) currently maintain.

I honestly don't think Biden will be Taiwan's friend, neither do the Taiwanense. 

I agree political threads are frustrating, but similarly to me looking from a foreign perspective, others are looking from a local perspective. 

Contrary to what you may realise, countries such as Japan and Vietnam are also watching this situation very carefully, and feeling somewhat queasy about the policies Biden will take regarding China. Taiwan is strategic, that's the only reason China cares so much about it, and these other countries know this. If China takes Taiwan, it will be very bad for America too, but I think the average population wouldn't realise this until it is too late

Well, the "local perspective" you're missing with regards to Trump and his supporters is that a devolution into the trappings of dictatorship, on the part of the USA, is bad for EVERYBODY.

The seeds of that happening have been very real, and despite the rightwing media claiming it is all puffed up by "liberal" major media organizations -- on the ground, in day to day life, it is very clear that it was and is a real threat.

That is the viewpoint you're missing, having been gone for so long, which made your support of Trump (based solely on China-v-Taiwan concerns) frustrating, because it seemed to ignore the real and ongoing threats of longterm damage to our institutions that give us any level of credibility when dealing with the CCP.

• Like 4

I find it hilarious that these terrorists Live streamed evidence of their own seditious acts, for the sole purpose of right wing media/alt-right social media fame. There was nothing they could do by breaking in the capitol- physically nothing at all to overturn the results or even have the slightest iota of impact, other than cementing Trump’s failure and dishonor in stone. 

But at least you got a fresh mask-less pic for the ‘gram!

I hope those 16 likes from some neo-nazis and guys waving confederate flags console your wife when she is shammed out of her Job, or your kids have to be removed from school because of the backlash. Wonder if Trump will personally help any of the folks he riled up? Ask Cohen, or Pence what they think 😂😂😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I find it hilarious that these terrorists Live streamed evidence of their own seditious acts, for the sole purpose of right wing media/alt-right social media fame. There was nothing they could do by breaking in the capitol- physically nothing at all to overturn the results or even have the slightest iota of impact, other than cementing Trump’s failure and dishonor in stone. 

But at least you got a fresh mask-less pic for the ‘gram!

I hope those 16 likes from some neo-nazis and guys waving confederate flags console your wife when she is shammed out of her Job, or your kids have to be removed from school because of the backlash. Wonder if Trump will personally help any of the folks he riled up? Ask Cohen, or Pence what they think 😂😂😂

Matt Gaetz says, they are deep, deep cover Antifa members. So deep some of them have been developing online personas for years and have gotten white supremacists tattoo's to hide the fact that they are Antifa.

53 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Seeing a lot of people call this a violation of free speech but that’s not at all what it is. Freedom of speech is a guarantee that the government will not punish you. What we’re seeing here with these various bans are corporations exercising their rights. That’s the free market, baby. Don’t tout it incessantly and then complain when it turns on “your side.”

• Like 4

On 1/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, Tulpa said:

It took awhile, but they eventually threw Dubya under the bus.

Same thing will happen to Trump. A couple of years from now, they'll be saying "I never voted for that asshole," all the while hiding their MAGA gear. Mark my words.

It begins...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/maga-internet-turns-on-trump-456490?fbclid=IwAR0UE0AH-Y9ZHdzMo6yDbvtEoQ7AMfDRhIeUeYUsF1OeF8xaKm4UeEaDm6Q

Also, the delusions are alive and well.

"QAnon conspiracy theorists, praying for years that Trump would flush Satan-worshipping pedophile elites out of Washington, tore apart any scrap of data from the video to prove that he was playing one final trick. They subjected the time stamps to numerology, thinking that there was a secret message encoded.

“In no way did Trump say he conceded. He said: transitioning to a new Admin. As in, he gonna clear this one out and bring a new one,” tweeted We The Inevitable, a conspiracy account, getting more than 3,000 retweets within the hour. The account’s followers agreed that this was surely a sign that he was getting rid of Vice President Mike Pence — now cast as a MAGA traitor after participating in the certification of Biden’s win — and that on Jan. 20, retired Gen. Michael Flynn, now a full-fledged QAnon patriot, would replace him in Trump’s second term."

• Like 3