IGNORED

Coronavirus response

Link

57 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

It's just so selfish. He's like "If its my time, it's my time." Ok. But you run a business and come into contact with tons of people. So if you are sick and die fine, but what about them? Why not take a small step to at least try to protect your customers?

It's so disappointing. 

That's really unfortunate for everyone around him, at least his customers can refuse to set foot at his store but his employees are in a very tough spot, not to say his family who he's putting at risk. At least he should see a financial impact of his actions as a fraction of his customers will refuse to do business.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Nope, they're already griping about how it's a way to put a tracking microchip in you.

Seriously, that's one of the conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

The one I've seen is about since the Moderna vaccine is RNA-based, it is going to fundamentally fuck up your body's RNA in some catastrophic way...

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, B.A. said:

So as your states have rolled out mask mandates, have you seen an appreciable difference in the case counts? One would think it should take about 3 weeks to see if it's making a difference or not.

It was shooting up here in Ohio but appears to be trending downward for the last couple weeks.

Hate to break it to you guys but since the government adjusted who is doing the recording keeping, numbers have been going down. There are a couple states were they have basically said their numbers are unreliable at this point. California might be trending down because the positivity rate is going down, but I don't trust the national numbers at all. From a reduction in tests, to increasing oositivity, to HHS relieving CDC of its responsibilities, and I could be wrong, but I believe HHS also changed the criteria on how a Corona virus drath is measured. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02231-6

https://www.mercurynews.com/with-data-backlog-cleared-coronavirus-cases-officially-decreasing-newsom-says

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244876422.html

Edited by Californication

20 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

It was shooting up here in Ohio but appears to be trending downward for the last couple weeks.

I can't speak for the rest of the state but we are holding steady in Summit and Cuyahoga, not decreasing.  They aren't enforcing it enough, especially at bars and gyms and places like that, it's where a ton of our cases come from.  I really wish they would give an incentive to those who want to be smart and let the rest do what they want.  It wouldn't take long for everyone still in denial to change their mind.

• Like 1

There's no way COVID-19 is actually trending down right now. It's just as bad as it's ever been. Even if it was trending down, that means nothing. Decreasing to say 20k cases a day and 200 deaths per day would still be terrible. We need a vaccine. We need people to stop being f*cling idiots. Wear a mask. Who cares if you don't care about your own health. For f*cks sake, protect others. I f*cking hate people who refuse to wear masks right now when they're around others.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Rhino said:

There's no way COVID-19 is actually trending down right now. It's just as bad as it's ever been. Even if it was trending down, that means nothing. Decreasing to say 20k cases a day and 200 deaths per day would still be terrible. We need a vaccine. We need people to stop being f*cling idiots. Wear a mask. Who cares if you don't care about your own health. For f*cks sake, protect others. I f*cking hate people who refuse to wear masks right now when they're around others.

Oh yeah, it's still terrible.   It's just less terrible than it was a couple weeks ago from the overall new cases per day here at least (but not as good as when everybody was staying home).

4 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Oh yeah, it's still terrible.   It's just less terrible than it was a couple weeks ago from the overall new cases per day here at least (but not as good as when everybody was staying home).

I just worry people will get back into that mentality of "flattening the curve" = "COVID-19 is solved and we can do whatever we want again".

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Rhino said:

I just worry people will get back into that mentality of "flattening the curve" = "COVID-19 is solved and we can do whatever we want again".

The problem is that when that inevitably happens again it will still be way too early.

Maybe if people weren't fucking pigs in general we might be in better shape?   It's pretty sad when you have to remind grown adults to wash their hands with soap and warm water.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

The problem is that when that inevitably happens again it will still be way too early.

Maybe if people weren't fucking pigs in general we might be in better shape?   It's pretty sad when you have to remind grown adults to wash their hands with soap and warm water.

Or that keeping you from baseball games and making you wear a mask isn't infringing on your rights or freedom.  

• Like 3

Time to vent just a little.

Went to 7-11 to buy a couple of beers before I settle in for the rest of the night.

As the virus is pretty much under control in Taiwan, the rule basically is, wear a mask in shops, in the buses or trains, in schools, in crowded markets, etc. Just walking along a street with few people on it, not necessary.

Well, as I'm paying for my beer, a woman comes in, doesn't stand on the designated, marked social distancing marker, rather chooses to stand behind me. No mask either.

I'm sorry, but I just find it infuriating when people do like this bitch did. I mean, why am I, the foreigner, wearing hot, uncomfortable masks and trying to follow the suggested guidelines, yet so many of the locals don't? And if I also decided not to wear a mask in the shop, I'd be the one getting nasty glances from everyone else. It just pisses me off how hypocritical some people can be.

Similarly, at work I just started working with a new colleague, another local who refuses to follow the *law* and wear a mask at school. And the other lady who's been prancing around the school maskless from day one continues her streak of terror. 

People can be such assholes.

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
19 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah...  I had been planning to head to Sturgis this year.  The schedule lined up perfect for me.  

I did not go.  Bikers don't give a shit.  Wasn't about to put myself in that petri dish. 

• Like 1