IGNORED

America’s 2020 election (NOW with polls!)

Link

Who will win America’s 2020 presidential election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • other
  2. 2. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • Vermin Supreme
    • Alfred E. Neuman

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm guessing this is based on some supercut someone shared on Facebook.  JOE HAS DEMENTIA BECAUSE HE HE FLOUNDERED WITH SOME QUESTION.

Both dudes are old as fuck and sound like it.

I don't watch the news and when I get "involved", I rely more on C-SPAN. I watch hearings when they are on issues I personally feel are important and I watch the Senate floor as well.

There are also tell-tale signs of dementia. They are subtle behaviors but one of the most evident is a certain "stare". I don't claim to have scientific knowledge but with the four, aforementioned grand parents and even other unmentioned aunts and uncles, their is something that degenerates in their optical nervous system. I'm not sure if it's because their natural eye movement is slowed down or if it's something else, but there is a blankness in their look, and it's often the first sign. When I first saw it in Joe, I legit felt pity for the man.

This is not about left versus right. This is about human decency. And no, you can't compare him to Trump. Trump is of reasonable sound mental health. What he (Trump) is, though, is a self-centered, arrogant, narcist who I've yet to ever see apologize. He also knows what he's doing and he plays the opposition party/media/constituency like a fiddle. In fact, it literally shocks me how long he's been "good" at his game. What I mean by that is there is so much he tweets or says that isn't intended to fool anyone. The man will spin, twist facts and, yes, lie but it's 100% to get a rise out of the left, which is really what many in his base love. And nearly every time, what does the left do? They fall for it. They freak out because, they look "unhinged" and it gets the response he wants. I noticed that since 2016, and he still does this. If the media would just ignore it, he'd try to find a different tactic, but they don't. He says something dumb and they freak out. Rinse. Repeat.

When it comes to politics, yes I have my own opinions and, yes, I am largely on one side of the aisle by principle. I also believe in respecting the man serving as president (and that goes all the way back to the beginning of the presidency), especially when I disagree with them.

As such, I respect my president but that doesn't mean I don't, or won't, call out childish, unethical or immoral behavior coming from the White House.

Don't put me in a left or right box, because I don't fit in one. I didn't vote for Clinton and I didn't vote for Trump either. As someone in that group, I also don't hate the man. I don't appreciate much of what he does, though, but I'm also not in any camp that thinks everything he does is bad. You have to filter through a ton of BS and after that you can see some good in there. And I'd even say you could say that for any president. Trump, Obama, W, Clinton, and so on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

I don't watch the news and when I get "involved", I rely more on C-SPAN.

Isn't their main programing still (and it was traditionally) live coverage of the House (original C-SPAN) and Senate (C-SPAN 2), so you get most of what you see on the 'spans "straight from the horse's mouth"?  That's the kind of sources I like...but like I was taught in HS English, if you do that for a research/term paper, be sure to give him proper credit (citing your sources)! 😄 

And if it's broadcast live, it's just like the debates, there's no do-overs!

6 hours ago, Rhino said:

https://www.270towin.com

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I know it's early and polls don't mean anything but when Texas is now a possible swing state, you know this isn't going to go Trump's way. I'm so confident I will bet any of you real money that Biden wins.

Biden is the 2 to 1 favorite in Vegas. Are you offering the 2 to 1 or even money?

6 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

(Biden) I mean the man was damn near in college when the Big Bopper died.  Jesus.  

I was a Bernie guy.  Definitely more enthusiastic in 2016 for the same reason.  
Once you hit a certain age every morning is a roll of the dice regardless of your current health.  

This one is hard to figure out. Bernie was 76 in 2016. Biden is 77 now and trump is 74. if you were ready to see bernie be president until he turned 80, why the heck is age now a concern, especially against a 74 year old trump?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhino said:

I know it's early and polls don't mean anything but when Texas is now a possible swing state, you know this isn't going to go Trump's way. I'm so confident I will bet any of you real money that Biden wins.

Texas might be a swing state in the future but for right now that's very wishful thinking.  I must say RCP is really playing it safe on their electoral map...that is, they're giving both guys very little in the way of safe/likely states and much more in the way of toss-ups...201 to be exact!

Remember it's the electoral votes that count, not the overall popular vote.  Just like how in baseball you don't necessarily win by getting the most hits and fewest errors and in football you don't necessarily win by getting the most yards of offense and/or giving up the fewest yards on defense.

5 hours ago, NESfiend said:

This one is hard to figure out. Bernie was 76 in 2016. Biden is 77 now and trump is 74. if you were ready to see bernie be president until he turned 80, why the heck is age now a concern, especially against a 74 year old trump?

It’s obviously a concern with all of them.  My point was just that this is who the democrats have chosen from a wide field of contenders and it is a bit troubling.

I’ve been rooting for Sanders since like ‘04 and it’s unfortunate that he finally received national recognition he deserves so near the end.  Actually the more concerning thing with him became the absolute shit quality of some of the people that latched on to his candidacy.  

Trump is straight trash so one usually doesn’t even think about his age as the issue.  He is the distillation of all of America’s worst qualities.  

Kind of liked Buttigieg but it’s too early in his career.  He needs to find a Senate seat or something and try again in 2030 or so.  

Yang wasn’t bad either.  It was unfortunate that his campaign got locked into talking about the UBI thing.  He probably doesn’t have the personality to ever win the popularity contest though.

7 hours ago, Estil said:

Texas might be a swing state in the future but for right now that's very wishful thinking.  I must say RCP is really playing it safe on their electoral map...that is, they're giving both guys very little in the way of safe/likely states and much more in the way of toss-ups...201 to be exact!

Remember it's the electoral votes that count, not the overall popular vote.  Just like how in baseball you don't necessarily win by getting the most hits and fewest errors and in football you don't necessarily win by getting the most yards of offense and/or giving up the fewest yards on defense.

We remember, Trump Lost the popular vote!   I think hes going to lose it again because of handling of the Trump Virus. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Seriously.  I would take the relatively fit (looking) 77 year old over the obese 74 year old.

All of the mental health arguments against Biden are BS, and are just as readily leveled at Trump.  Once you know Biden's background of having to work around a stutter, essentially all of his occasionally-odd phrasings make sense.

Though in a perfect world, we'd have people willing to vote for a 3rd party to where they could offer a viable challenge to the turd and the shit sandwich being offered by the two majors.

• Like 1

The only way trump wins is election fraud. He's not going to carry any group outside his core support. This presidency has been a disaster, and its going to get worse if they dont extend unemployment benefits. 

Biden has problems but hes the "safe" choice. All those centrists swayed by trump the first time arent falling for it again. People who refused to vote for Hillary specifically will have no issue voting for biden. 

Wouldn't be surprised if biden doesnt make it a full term but it wont matter at that point 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Though in a perfect world, we'd have people willing to vote for a 3rd party to where they could offer a viable challenge to the turd and the shit sandwich being offered by the two majors.

No no no no no, it's the giant douche and turd sandwich!  Well that's what we had in 2016 anyway! 😄 

Well George Wallace did in fact run as a 3rd party candidate and actually got a few of the southern states...he knew he obviously wasn't gonna win but the idea was that he'd get enough electoral votes to deny both Nixon and Humphrey a majority in the electoral college and thus cause the election to be decided in the House of Representatives and perhaps force some concessions on either guy in order for him to go over the top.  I think I'm explaining that right.

Had Ross Perot (1992) not derailed himself by dropping out and dropping back in later I wonder if he too could've scored a few states?  I think he may have come in second in a couple IIRC.

Perot is something ive been meaning to go back and read on. Im sure my childhood memories don't paint the right picture. From the bits ive come across over the years, it sounds like perot had a shot at winning until he tanked his (and bush's) chances. Clinton was the underdog in that race.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Estil said:

The electoral vote as of now has Biden winning handedly. Not saying that can't change and is definitely how it will be 4 months from now, but he's got it locked down for now. Trump has a ton of work to do.

23 hours ago, Link said:

I also wish he would announce a VP pick already. Time’s-a-wasting. He’s not getting people excited, and The Donald is. Maybe his partner could be doing some work in public view, which he isn’t doing for reasons unknown.

YES!! It's just a little over three months to go...we MUST know who his running mate is, because that's the one who will actually end up being President for at least oh, the last 2/3 or 3/4 of Biden's term! 😄   Under any other circumstance virtually no one would really care about the second one on the ticket when they vote but this time it's VERY different.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:50 PM, Rhino said:

No no no no no no no, polls can mean a lot and can be very valuable and useful...IF they are done right.

Edited by Estil

7 hours ago, Rhino said:

The 2016 polls certainly were not done right.

For the reasons Dirk mentioned?  Exactly how were the polls done wrong and how could they be done right?  Use your noodle.  Puzzle it out. 😄 

Edited by Estil

2 hours ago, Estil said:

For the reasons Dirk mentioned?  Exactly how were the polls done wrong and how could they be done right?  Use your noodle.  Puzzle it out. 😄 

I didn't watch the video lol sorry. All I know is in the end, all the polls got it wrong except for the LA times. Whatever they did needs to be studied. Maybe the other polls didn't account for all the undercover Trump supporters. Maybe too many Democrats thought they had it in the bag and didn't think they needed to vote. Maybe Trump targeted the swing states better than Hillary. Who knows. Probably a combination of all of those.

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

Don't worry, Trump will solve this conundrum for us by delaying the election.

Trump: Send kids back to school, get people back to work, come to my rallies, we have to open the country back up, etc...

Also Trump: "Delay the election until people can properly, securely, and safely vote".

• Like 6

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 US presidential election

Don't worry, Trump will solve this conundrum for us by delaying the election.

If Obama said that, we would have trailer trash lined up at 1600 Pennsylvania ave with nooses in hand ready for a lynchin’. 

But Since its Trump, its a liberal deep state conspiracy to undermine the idea that he actually got 400 million more popular votes Than Crooked Hillary

😂😂😂😂

Someone confidant they will win wouldn’t float that idea. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Calan87 said:

My money is on Trump. The debate should prove comedy gold.

is it just a big joke? i was thinking the other day " the powers that be cant even give us a proper puppet? now they just give us this clown lol". its like they just said F it the people know its a joke anyway lets really rub it in.