IGNORED

America’s 2020 election (NOW with polls!)

Link

Who will win America’s 2020 presidential election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • other
  2. 2. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • Vermin Supreme
    • Alfred E. Neuman

Just now, Tulpa said:

That's my point.

First it was Biden's questionable advances towards women. Notice how no one's talking about that? It's because it didn't go anywhere. Now it's "HE'S GOT DEMENTIA!!!11"

I'm guessing something else will come along, like he drowned a sack of kittens, just to make him look bad.

All the more reason why all the Trump bashing in the old thread and negative ads on TV (well back when I still watched traditional TV) just came off as background noise/static to me, as we've heard all this before (google "Van, Van, the Used up Man!").  Even major historical figures like Churchill (like Bush 41 he too lost re-election for similar reasons), DeGaulle, Eisenhower were in no way immune to it.  Not by a long shot.

I mean Obama didn't ruin our country beyond repair and take our guns, nor did Bush take away our Social Security and Medicare and cause seniors to have to eat dog food. 😛  And wasn't Reagan some reckless nuclear cowboy who was gonna cause all of us to get killed if we didn't institute a nuclear freeze or something? 😛 

3 minutes ago, Estil said:

I mean Obama didn't ruin our country beyond repair and take our guns, nor did Bush take away our Social Security and Medicare and cause seniors to have to eat dog food. 😛  And wasn't Reagan some reckless nuclear cowboy who was gonna cause all of us to get killed if we didn't institute a nuclear freeze or something? 😛 

Trump dismissing the pandemic response team and low and behold, we have a worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy, isn't a good look, though.

I mean, if you want a "this president will bring about the apocalypse," it doesn't get much more on point than what's going on right now.

Edited by Tulpa

7 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

That's my point.

First it was Biden's questionable advances towards women. Notice how no one's talking about that? It's because it didn't go anywhere. Now it's "HE'S GOT DEMENTIA!!!11"

I'm guessing something else will come along, like he drowned a sack of kittens, just to make him look bad.

Actually Eisenhower in 1959 said that he'd have his staff shoot to kill any kitties that came onto his property 😞  How could anyone be like that to such darling, adorable creatures?  Unless his property had a bird sanctuary and/or was a card carrying member of the Audubon Society I suppose...

I’d been saying forever that it was gonna be Trump but he sure is doing his damndest to make sure that doesn’t happen.  I mean invading US cities that didn’t vote for him?  And it’s being allowed to happen?  Somebody wake me up.

I think Biden is a nice benign safe choice.  If you remember ‘08 that was a big part of why he was chosen as Obama’s VP.  He cut the scary black guyness of it.  I’ll clarify that I liked him as a safe middle of the road candidate 10 years ago.  I’m not one of those ‘OMG he’s got Alzheimer’s’ folks but I simply think he’s too old to be in touch with the modern world.  I mean the man was damn near in college when the Big Bopper died.  Jesus.  

I was a Bernie guy.  Definitely more enthusiastic in 2016 for the same reason.  
Once you hit a certain age every morning is a roll of the dice regardless of your current health.  

1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

I mean, if you want a "this president will bring about the apocalypse," it doesn't get much more on point than what's going on right now.

Yeah but after hearing claims like that one too many times, well, you know that famous story about crying wolf right?

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Estil said:

Actually Eisenhower in 1959 said that he'd have his staff shoot to kill any kitties that came onto his property 😞  How could anyone be like that to such darling, adorable creatures?  Unless his property had a bird sanctuary and/or was a card carrying member of the Audubon Society I suppose...

Eisenhower for president.  Dig him up.

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Eisenhower for president.  Dig him up.

No way, I will never knowingly vote for anyone who is mean to or says mean things about man's REAL best friend, my very very very very VERY favorite of all of God's creatures. 😞   I don't care how great a war hero he was, I'll cast a protest vote for Stevenson!  Or maybe I'll just vote for myself (I am >35 after all 😄 )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Estil said:

Yeah but after hearing claims like that one too many times, well, you know that famous story about crying wolf right?

And at the end of the boy who cried wolf, the wolf actually shows up. And he eats the sheep, the boy, and his parents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

And at the end of the boy who cried wolf, the wolf actually shows up. And he eats the sheep, the boy, and his parents.

The version I first read the wolf just mockingly tells the boy that that's what he gets for playing tricks!

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

In my version the wolf eats the boy and then says the do nothing donkeys actually ate him. Actually it was a very beautiful death.

The elephants have been called "do nothing" just as much if not more though.  What's really weird though in our state we don't use the donkey/elephant symbols, instead we use Lincoln's log cabin for the R's and a rooster for the D's...why roosters of all things is beyond me...

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Estil said:

The elephants have been called "do nothing" just as much if not more though.  What's really weird though in our state we don't use the donkey/elephant symbols, instead we use Lincoln's log cabin for the R's and a rooster for the D's...why roosters of all things is beyond me...

Yeah, I loved those all tweets from Obama where he called Paul Ryan "shit-for-brains Ryan" and "retard Paul"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I think Biden is a nice benign safe choice.  If you remember ‘08 that was a big part of why he was chosen as Obama’s VP.  He cut the scary black guyness of it.   

I think this too. But he was chosen to build a coalition and he’s not building it back. They wanted him so white moderates wouldn’t be scared of the name “Barack Obama”. Now, he only has white moderates (and some others but many only with reluctance.) He isn’t working to bring in progressives, and thinks saying “My Buddy Barack” a hundred times is gonna get him somewhere. I wish he would put up more than that.

I also wish he would announce a VP pick already. Time’s-a-wasting. He’s not getting people excited, and The Donald is. Maybe his partner could be doing some work in public view, which he isn’t doing for reasons unknown.

Edited by Link

@Rhino I hope you’re right. Here’s something else going on.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

”Republicans... like many Democrats, suspect Trump supporters disproportionately hang up on pollsters, under-counting his level of support.

“Ted Lovdahl, chairman of the Republican Party in Minnesota’s 8th Congressional District, said he has friends who will tell pollsters ‘just exactly the opposite of what they feel.’”

The article isn’t only about polls, but that’s a telling excerpt about what’s going on in the zeitgeist.

40 minutes ago, Link said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

”Republicans... like many Democrats, suspect Trump supporters disproportionately hang up on pollsters, under-counting his level of support.

“Ted Lovdahl, chairman of the Republican Party in Minnesota’s 8th Congressional District, said he has friends who will tell pollsters ‘just exactly the opposite of what they feel.’”

The article isn’t only about polls, but that’s a telling excerpt about what’s going on in the zeitgeist.

That's what happened in 2016. If you look at the polls leading up to the election, Hillary had a 24 point lead at one point. That's huge! Even the week of, most polls gave her a 2-5 point win. The only source who correctly called a Trump victory literally every week and month leading up to the election was the LA Times. Even Fox had Hillary winning after September. Whatever magic LA Times has should be studied for decades. I can't wait to see their polls for this election. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

I think this election will be different. Many Republicans are fed up and Biden is more likeable than Hillary was.

55 minutes ago, Link said:

He had 3000 boats show up too!