IGNORED

Cadence of Hyrule getting new DLC & a physical release

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted

I informed Makar of this via PM since he showed some interest in the game when I mentioned it to him awhile back, and he brought up a good point that I should probably bring it up elsewhere on the site for anyone who's interested. So here we are 😛

It was just recently announced that Cadence of Hyrule is getting 3 DLC packs. 1 with new playable characters, 1 with a bunch of new songs and remixes, and another with brand new story content.

In addition, Cadence of Hyrule will be getting a physical release which will include the game itself as well as all of the DLC bundled together. It'll be available on October 23rd for $40.

If you haven't tried the game out yet, now seems like it would be a very good time, if it being a digital-only title put you off a bit from buying it.

d0fb935a073a99479ce7870a9a1aa4b0.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for informing me about this one! That's one more title I won't get digitally now. Now I really need to figure out what to buy on the eShop with the eShop money I'm wracking up. 

There's a free demo of this game on the eShop btw in case anyone is wondering.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Great game, even though I suck at rhythm games.

Yeah, I'm usually not great at them either, but I had an absolute blast with this one, it was really fun.

I think part of what makes it so enjoyable is that the rhythm part of the game isn't the only gameplay element, there's a lot more going on at the same time, which makes it more fun for people like you and I who aren't usually the greatest at rhythm games.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
19 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Thanks for the info. With the DLC this seems like a more affordable purchase for me.

I heard the base game was very short so I passed on it on launch because it was expensive on the eshop here.

Yeah, it was definitely a bit short, but the extra content should beef it up a bit.

I’ve been on the fence about it. I guess it’s somewhat akin to the combos in Wind Waker? and those were fun. It looks neat. At $60 I would be pretty hesitant but $40 seems right for this on cart.

I can’t try the trial because I don’t have a Switch... hoping they bring production back sooner than later 😬

Haven't played this version of it, but the original Crypt of the Necrodancer is a really cool spin on turn-based rogue-likes, by having the rhythm/beat mechanic "force" the turn taking.

Makes for some really cool battle mechanics, and allows for a bunch of alternate characters with their own special mechanics that completely shake things up.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Link said:

I’ve been on the fence about it. I guess it’s somewhat akin to the combos in Wind Waker? and those were fun. It looks neat. At $60 I would be pretty hesitant but $40 seems right for this on cart.

I can’t try the trial because I don’t have a Switch... hoping they bring production back sooner than later 😬

The Wind Waker combos are a good comparison, actually. It's definitely super fun, and I think even if you aren't a fan of rhythm games, if you're a fan of Zelda games in general you'd probably still enjoy it.

Plus the soundtrack is absolutely amazing

And that's a shame you don't have a Switch yet. Hope you can get your hands on one soon.

Edited by ZeldaFreak