Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumor has it Lego is releasing an official 1:1 NES console on August 1st this year for $229.99  Comes with a TV that scrolls SMB too.  As rad as it is, I don't know if I can justify spending that cash

Here's an in depth review.  If anyone is on the fence, this will probably tip you toward buying it.  Some very cool features and an Easter egg. *Spoilers https://brickset.com/article/52670/r

Gonna get one and throw a raspberry pi in it.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I don't have any Lego to do that with though. Now, if we were talking, say, 11 or 12 years ago when I had bins full of Lego, then maybe I'd consider it 😆

🤔 Hmmm...

Well, buy the larger set, then use the pieces to make like 4 smaller systems! You can then sell 3 of the smaller systems you have made to cover the cost of the set, and keep one for yourself!

Might even make a profit! 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

🤔 Hmmm...

Well, buy the larger set, then use the pieces to make like 4 smaller systems! You can then sell 3 of the smaller systems you have made to cover the cost of the set, and keep one for yourself!

Might even make a profit! 😉

Sounds like a plan to me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to say it's overpriced, but it's certainly more than I would be willing to pay.  I would absolutely love to put that together, although that could be said for nearly any Lego set out there.

If I did't collect video games, I would probably collect Lego.  Either way, it's easy to go broke.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Hell i think the tv is the best part

It says LO-TECH, but then it's a flat screen. Silly LEGO.  Lol

I've only collected some LEGO Dimensions stuff, and my kids have some smaller Minecraft sets.  This is temping though, I may have to start saving up for one of these.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Lego and Nintendo start doing some newer stuff. Nintendo keeps pushing the nes for their nostalgia and it's starting to feel lazy.  Popping old roms onto stuff isn't impressing me anymore.  Where's my Mario Party Minigame Island Lego set!?

This set is neat though. Just not for me.

Edited by zeppelin03
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I hope Lego and Nintendo start doing some newer stuff. Nintendo keeps pushing the nes for their nostalgia and it's starting to feel lazy.  Popping old roms onto stuff isn't impressing me anymore.  Where's my Mario Party Minigame Island Lego set!?

 

That's not a bad point. In my mind, nostalgia moves in waves of 20 years. Like, in the 90's you had stuff like Dazed & Confused, Detroit Rock City, That 70's Show, and so on. And as we approached the 2000's, you got into The Wedding Singer and GTA Vice City and stuff like that. So yeah, we're probably now ready for 2000's nostalgia right now.

I'm not into Lego stuff myself, so this is more just general talk.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

That's not a bad point. In my mind, nostalgia moves in waves of 20 years. Like, in the 90's you had stuff like Dazed & Confused, Detroit Rock City, That 70's Show, and so on. And as we approached the 2000's, you got into The Wedding Singer and GTA Vice City and stuff like that. So yeah, we're probably now ready for 2000's nostalgia right now.

I'm not into Lego stuff myself, so this is more just general talk.

Exactly.  Nintendo had great 8bit output but let's celebrate all of its history.  A Peach's Castle from SM64, Luigi's Mansion..mansion.  There's a lot they can pull from.  I would like to see the switch online expand beyond the 8/16bit too.  Tons of us grew up on N64 and GameCube. Hell they haven't even given us Gameboy.

Nintendo is always secretive about stuff so for all we know they could have an e3 direct in the works that gives us all this.

Edited by zeppelin03
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Exactly.  Nintendo had great 8bit output but let's celebrate all of its history.  A Peach's Castle from SM64, Luigi's Mansion..mansion.  There's a lot they can pull from.  I would like to see the switch online expand beyond the 8/16bit too.  Tons of us grew up on N64 and GameCube. Hell they haven't even given us Gameboy.

I hear you. I'm a big fan of the Wii U's Virtual Console, because it's awesome that you can get N64, GBA, even DS games on there. (It was slightly annoying that GB/GBC wasn't on Wii U, just 3DS). I feel like because they did bring N64 to Wii U, we will eventually see it on Switch (maybe GCN stuff as well), but right now, they don't NEED to deliver that stuff given that the Switch is such a huge success. I almost feel like we'll get that stuff if/when there's a lull in first party big hitters or something. I don't know. Rambling.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shmup said:

LEGO are also releasing a Super Mario theme as well in case you haven’t seen it yet: https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/adventures-with-mario-starter-course-71360
I’m not a fan of these sets because they don’t look very LEGO like, but could be good for kids.

Yeah, I'm pretty conflicted about those sets.

On the one hand, they have some neat figures and features.

But on the other... I don't really understand the point.  The builds themselves look like a larger-scale version of the Heroica board game, but it seems like it is supposed to be a playset rather than a "game".

 

 

The TV/Nintendo set, though, looks fantastic.  Will definitely buy that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shmup said:

Also, a fun fact, the plural of LEGO is LEGO not LEGOs.

Actually it's not, if you are looking at described linguistics (which is what I use). The company, LEGO, may want the plural of the word to be LEGO, they can even try to encourage this; however, they cannot force people into following their preference, and if a large portion of a population refers to the plural as legos, then it's also in reality, sad for them, an accepted plural for the word.

In reality, it makes a bit of sense why many in the States would have this preference as the plural, I'd reckon that it's due to the familiarity with Spanish and tacking the s onto the end of words that end in o, makes a lot of sense honestly.

Regarding the set, it's quite neat! I'm not a huge fan of LEGO bricks myself, if I were, I'd be all over this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Actually it's not, if you are looking at described linguistics (which is what I use). The company, LEGO, may want the plural of the word to be LEGO, they can even try to encourage this; however, they cannot force people into following their preference, and if a large portion of a population refers to the plural as legos, then it's also in reality, sad for them, an accepted plural for the word.

In reality, it makes a bit of sense why many in the States would have this preference as the plural, I'd reckon that it's due to the familiarity with Spanish and tacking the s onto the end of words that end in o, makes a lot of sense honestly.

Regarding the set, it's quite neat! I'm not a huge fan of LEGO bricks myself, if I were, I'd be all over this.

Get this crap out of here! 

IncompatibleLinedGrub-size_restricted.gi

It's reasoning like this that has made "Doh!" an official word in the late-90s, has made "literally" also mean "figuratively", and the most awful of recent offenses, "irregardless" is now a word which means "regardless".

Wide spread usage and acceptance is not a reasonable justification for making it "right".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

That’s cool if that’s your thing, I’m just not into LEGO enough for it to be for me. It’s a cool piece though.

Sure.  Just pointing out, from a LEGO economy standpoint, $0.10/piece is the typical benchmark for "fair" pricing on a set and much lower than that has people buying sets just for the parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, portabello said:

Meh, give me a pirate ship any day.

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322
There you go. Very fun build 🙂

I can understand people thinking this is expensive if it’s not your hobby, but it actually is very affordable for a licence set.

That video was amazing because it looks like we will be able to mod it with our own backgrounds which gives it more playability. 

6 hours ago, Jicsan said:

Do you think that's a sticker on that cart?  LEGO doesn't really do stickers right?

Unfortunately it will be at this price. LEGO have been moving towards stickers more and more over the years.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...