IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Target Renegade

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, ladies and gentleman.

Are you ready for some VIOLENCE?
Our competitors will have to prove the value of their fists by tackling BOOTLEG Double Dragon, aka Target Renegade.
We are not uncivilized savages, though, so here are the rules for this week's bout of VIOLENCE!

• Play until Game Over
  • No looping the game.  If you beat the game, pause as soon as the game starts back up.  You may not play any part of a second loop.  If you do, your score will be disqualified.
  • You are allowed to use the extra life you get after you beat stage 1
  • Take your picture on the High Score screen (be quick it doesn't stay up long) or let the game start over, pause the game right away, and your score will be in the High Score spot.
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation : 4000 points
  • GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up

The contest ends Sunday, 07/19/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

654663323_SageTargetRenegade.gif.ca84e8e

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1st mbd39 37,350
2nd bertsampson 36,840
3rd Bearcat-Doug 36,100
4th Richardhead 34,920
5th ninjistar 28,085
6th NESfiend 27,835
7th Jeevan 27,310
8th 8bitdontquit 26,325
9th Gaia Gensouki 22,265
10th Tablew/chairs 20,245
11th 0xDEAFC0DE 7,155
12th JamesRobot 7,085
13th SuperJimtendo 6,635

I'm de-rusting after not having played this for high score since 2017. After a few tries I reached the level 5 boss. But I'm starting to get the hang of it again.

I can't do long grinds because this game hurts my left hand too much.

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm de-rusting after not having played this for high score since 2017. After a few tries I reached the level 5 boss. But I'm starting to get the hang of it again.

I can't do long grinds because this game hurts my left hand too much.

I can only do one run at a time before my hand gets sore.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

36,115 (GAME COMPLETED)

Ufyinf4.jpg

Doug hasn't responded because he immediately started playing again 

Also, thats crazy. Would have been top 3 in 2017. 2nd behind red and right there with beas score if i remember right. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Also, thats crazy. Would have been top 3 in 2017. 2nd behind red and right there with beas score if i remember right. 

It's a great score considering I haven't played this for score since 2017.

After some failed attempts today I finally had a decent run. It might not win the contest but it should be top 3.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I'm not sure if I could beat that or not honestly. My 33,490 is the best I had gotten so far.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

It's a great score considering I haven't played this for score since 2017.

After some failed attempts today I finally had a decent run. It might not win the contest but it should be top 3.

The way this contest has been going, you need to do a lot better for a top 3. Cmon man! You know better than to post your best on day one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

The way this contest has been going, you need to do a lot better for a top 3. Cmon man! You know better than to post your best on day one. 

Tbh, I don't think there is such a thing as "a lot better" for this game. "Somewhat better" is possible.

Edited by mbd39

I though the same about Contra Force. I’m willing to bet you don’t get top 3 with this score.

Wrong on this one. Bea got around the same score in 2017 and had done 7 or 8 score updates. That will be a top 3 score and my money is on 1 or 2 depending on bert. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

I though the same about Contra Force. I’m willing to bet you don’t get top 3 with this score.

Only two other players were able to get a higher score in the 2017 contest. Bea and Red aren't competing this year.