IGNORED

Is modern gaming sustainable? Where is the industry headed?

Andy_Bogomil

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Californication said:

I'm thinking about getting that Cyperpunk on opening day.

The last game I bought on opening day was Black Ops lll for the PS3. I was so angry about that broken pos, I haven't played any new cod game or bought a new game at launch again.

FYI CoD MW is actually pretty tight; definitely a return to the roots, and easily the best gunplay yet in a CoD game. The new BlOps is not nearly as good, sadly.

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

FYI CoD MW is actually pretty tight; definitely a return to the roots, and easily the best gunplay yet in a CoD game. The new BlOps is not nearly as good, sadly.

I am pretty easy when it comes to cod games. I had fun with Ghosts and even Advanced Warfare even though they weren't ranked as the best; easily put hundreds of hours in on those two.

Black Ops lll was so bad. It would freeze my console and the lobbys would break in the middle of sessions. And it was a multiplayer only game, lol. And they refused to refund my money, Gamestop said it was the manufactures problem and the manufacturer said Gamestop sold the game so it was their issue. And this was while I was in college so I was broke.

If I play MW I know I will have fun. But then I just think, why put  hundreds of hours into a multiplayer game that I won't be able to play after a couple years. And then I remember when playing Ghosts I had racked up amazing stats and all of it disappeared. I could still play the game, had all my weapons, but all my stats that I had earned were gone which was a common occurence because of hackers or whatever. 

Does MW still get good lobby's?

Edited by Californication

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, Californication said:

I am pretty easy when it comes to cod games. I had fun with Ghosts and even Advanced Warfare even though they weren't ranked as the best; easily put hundreds of hours in on those two.

Black Ops lll was so bad. It would freeze my console and the lobbys would break in the middle of sessions. And it was a multiplayer only game, lol. And they refused to refund my money, Gamestop said it was the manufactures problem and the manufacturer said Gamestop sold the game so it was their issue. And this was while I was in college so I was broke.

If I play MW I know I will have fun. But then I just think, why put  hundreds of hours into a multiplayer game that I won't be able to play after a couple years. And then I remember when playing Ghosts I had racked up amazing stats and all of it disappeared. I could still play the game, had all my weapons, but all my stats that I had earned were gone which was a common occurence because of hackers or whatever. 

Does MW still get good lobby's?

I'd say it's more about the fun now, than the forever unlocks. Who cares about the stats and unlocks lost, if you had fun for HUNDREDS OF HOURS?

MW gets great lobbies in my experience. IMO it's a really solid experience. I'm literally playing right now.

I also put hundreds of hours into Ghosts specifically; I LOVED the aliens mode on that, capped it out and still kept playing, even across multiple platforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I'd say it's more about the fun now, than the forever unlocks. Who cares about the stats and unlocks lost, if you had fun for HUNDREDS OF HOURS?

MW gets great lobbies in my experience. IMO it's a really solid experience.

I also put hundreds of hours into Ghosts specifically; I LOVED the aliens mode on that, capped it out and still kept playing, even across multiple platforms.

Ya, that's true. If I see a cheap copy I'll grab it.

7 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I would for a launch system with Zapper, controller and R.O.B., assuming it's all compatible with modern televisions.  Shoot, that would be a steal.

For us as collectors, sure. I don’t think you could put that at retail in mass production numbers.