IGNORED

PS Vita Collecting

Brickman

Yeah I wasn’t sure if this should go general collecting or questions. Happy for it to be moved.

Yep got those or they’re on my list to buy. I do love the native psp/ps1 comparability of the Vita. Really wish it was supported more in the West. I might have to look into some Japanese games that don’t require English.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we try and get a list of the BEST Vita games?

I'll start

Stranger of Sword City

Yeah, it didn't get the highest scores by critics, and it's definitely not for everyone, but really lovely art and a classic dungeon-crawler with some neat features! Also, I think it's Vita exclusive (for physical release). 

I actually just picked up that game the other day. I enjoy dungeon crawlers so I am taking a chance.

A few of my favourites:

Gal Gun double peace

Uncharted 

Persona 4 golden

La Mulana EX

a rose in the twilight

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2

Dragons crown

Natural Doctrine

Riddled Corpses EX

Demon Gaze

Ice cream surfer

Child of Light

Some of those are ps4/vita and some aren’t exclusive anymore, but they’re still worth checking out.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Aguy said:

There's a picture of my collection, I think I have everything I want. It was bigger but I have been selling off my LRG releases as they come out for the Switch. Most recently was Ys Origins.

IMG_20200802_171253299.jpg

Have you played Soul Sacrifice?

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Have you played Soul Sacrifice?

They released Soul Sacrifice Delta (the expanded edition) but only Japan got it physical. It's dumb but I'm not a big fan of download only games outside of PC, and I didn't like the idea of having a game the wasn't the complete experience available, so I just never picked it up.

2 minutes ago, Aguy said:

They released Soul Sacrifice Delta (the expanded edition) but only Japan got it physical. It's dumb but I'm not a big fan of download only games outside of PC, and I didn't like the idea of having a game the wasn't the complete experience available, so I just never picked it up.

Soul Sacrifice Delta has an english physical cart that was released in Asian territories if you want physical english. They were easy to get from play-asia for a long time.

As for games, Muramasa Rebirth + DLC is one of the best hack n slash games released on any system, and is the only one to play in glorious HD. 

Vita also has the definitive version of Mortal Kombat 9 with toooooooons of kontent packed into it.

Finally, I recommend Street Fighter X Tekken as the later updates make it a very competent fighter and the Vita version is another definitive port chalked full of characters and extras not found in any other version. 

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Are you aware that the Vita is region free and the Asian version of Delta is in English? Or are you just not down for imports at all? I asked because I see you have Toukiden Kiwami, and SS is similar, and IMO the best game of that genre for the vita. In fact I actually personally preferred the original release compared to Delta if I'm being honest.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Are you aware that the Vita is region free and the Asian version of Delta is in English? Or are you just not down for imports at all? I asked because I see you have Toukiden Kiwami, and SS is similar, and IMO the best game of that genre for the vita. In fact I actually personally preferred the original release compared to Delta if I'm being honest.

1 hour ago, Startyde said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta has an english physical cart that was released in Asian territories if you want physical english. They were easy to get from play-asia for a long time.

As for games, Muramasa Rebirth + DLC is one of the best hack n slash games released on any system, and is the only one to play in glorious HD. 

Vita also has the definitive version of Mortal Kombat 9 with toooooooons of kontent packed into it.

Finally, I recommend Street Fighter X Tekken as the later updates make it a very competent fighter and the Vita version is another definitive port chalked full of characters and extras not found in any other version. 

I know the Vita is region free but I didn't realize the Asian release had English. Now I may have to pick up a copy. I already have Muramasa on the Wii, and I'm not a big fan MK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

I know the Vita is region free but I didn't realize the Asian release had English. Now I may have to pick up a copy. I already have Muramasa on the Wii, and I'm not a big fan MK.

Don't mean to harp on the point but Muramasa for Wii is rediculously inferior to Rebirth on Vita.

1. Obvious difference is Wii in SD and Rebirth is HD. With these graphics and assets, it really makes a difference.

2. They redid the entire control scheme. Pressing up to jump in Wii was always very weird and ruined the flow. It plays like a dream on Vita.

3. The game was retranslated correctly. Wii has a notoriously bad translation, to the point where the plot makes little sense and weapons are straight up mislabelled. I guess Vanillaware was upset by this and personally oversaw to the far more accurate translation in Rebirth.

4. Most significant, Rebirth has 4 DLC Episodes, each with their own new character, skill tree, moves, bosses stories and soundtracks. I found some to be even more more interesting than the main campaign and they each feature multiple endings depending on actions taken.

In short, the Wii and Vita version might as well be different games.