IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

On 3/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, kell said:

100 days (business) and counting for a Turbo order.

Im at 150+ business days with an order from late September 2020, and no replies from support for the last 2-3 weeks.

Last they replied they offered to bump the tier and pay for each individual game but haven't gotten a response since...

3 hours ago, rsjo said:

Im at 150+ business days with an order from late September 2020, and no replies from support for the last 2-3 weeks.

Last they replied they offered to bump the tier and pay for each individual game but haven't gotten a response since...

If they bump your tier on each game wouldn't they be even further behind? Did they mean for your next order?

Edit: jeez they still have the holiday warning up on the homescreen of the mobile site - it's April my dude

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of you (50+ days), but you'd think after a while they'd quit taking submissions when they get this far backed up. When I sent my games in, Turbo was labeled at approximately 45 business days and now it's approximately 90. Even going by those numbers, the approximate time is increasing faster than how long my games have actually been there. At that rate they'll never get graded. But of course if you pause submissions there goes your cashflow! 

On 4/5/2021 at 7:44 AM, a3quit4s said:

If they bump your tier on each game wouldn't they be even further behind? Did they mean for your next order?

Edit: jeez they still have the holiday warning up on the homescreen of the mobile site - it's April my dude

They literally only update the message on the homepage every handful of months. In between those updates there is hardly a peep from them lol. 

I'll go on the record and say if you are submitting a Turbo run today then you probably won't see it for at least 10 months.  I also have a Turbo run from late September not graded.  And they get more backed up with each day.  So if that one is already about 6 months then ones today are 6 months + several more.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, a3quit4s said:

They actually lust replied 10 min ago. They are offering that my current 11 games get bumped from Turbo (Which I submitted on) to speed-run for an additional $10 a game which I must pay. Then the estimate is 20-25 days before the games are graded... I understand they are under pressure, but having waited 150+ days and then getting told they can basically grade all games for $10 more within 20 days is kind of crazy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

How is this any way to run a business?  I mean they must be making tons of money.  Hire some more people for Christ's sake.

They are overwhelming saturated with demand. They could double prices today and I bet it still doesn't kill volume as much as you'd expect. I agree they should have better customer service but there will be a horde of people throwing money at them everyday regardless.  Any dollar I spend on grading pays for itself many multiples over. It's how the market is and has been for awhile. 

• Like 2

I think Wata grading submissions being backed up has a lot to do with how the market prices are evolving. When the submissions aren't released at the same time and put on sale en masse, the market has time to adjust, conserve money and analyze the market - also the market won't be shocked with countless duplicates that might stall the enthusiasm of many hype bidders because the perceived rarity is lessened. So potentially slower turnaround is making more money for submitter and grader here, so I'm not sure if Wata would want to change anything even if they could meet the demand and have snappy turnaround times. It is very amusing though how the market can shift enormously between your submission and getting the game back.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2021 at 5:42 AM, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

When I sent my games in, Turbo was labeled at approximately 45 business days and now it's approximately 90. 

They know Turbo is currently running 150+ days and yet they have a 90 day estimate. They don't seem to be doing themselves any favors.

23 hours ago, jonebone said:

I'll go on the record and say if you are submitting a Turbo run today then you probably won't see it for at least 10 months.  I also have a Turbo run from late September not graded.  And they get more backed up with each day.  So if that one is already about 6 months then ones today are 6 months + several more.

Holy shit haha. I was thinking of submitting a few orders so thanks a bunch for this info haha. Do you have an idea if VGA is as backed up as WATA is? I prefer WATAs case but may submit a few to VGA if the outlook with them is a bit better.

8 hours ago, epiczail said:

Holy shit haha. I was thinking of submitting a few orders so thanks a bunch for this info haha. Do you have an idea if VGA is as backed up as WATA is? I prefer WATAs case but may submit a few to VGA if the outlook with them is a bit better.

You'd think VGA will be a bit better and it may be, but i saw somebody trying to sell a coveted VGA 40 ocarina of time for 8 grand so, the outlook is appearing grim. hahaha.

1 minute ago, Caliboy24 said:

Does anyone know if WATA has census numbers on the grades given for a particular game? Or is there a website that shows this info?

They're withholding all census data because they don't want to "lead consumers astray".

So instead they let sellers make up how rare something is, which is infinitely safer I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Startyde said:

They're withholding all census data because they don't want to "lead consumers astray".

So instead they let sellers make up how rare something is, which is infinitely safer I guess. 

I don't know how I feel about that.  I also collect sports cards and comic books and both PSA and CGC have their own census numbers out.  I don't think it hurts the market, but it would bring into perspective whether that particular item in said grade is considered rare or common.  I'm also interested in knowing the highest graded copy too and if there are multiples in that high grade from a collector standpoint.  

Yeah, the census numbers can somewhat be manipulated due to the crack and re-sub approach, but with CGC for example, if you submit the cracked label back to them, they deduct it from their census numbers.