IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

4 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

WATA has become absolutely atrocious. Only will be using VGA going forward.

Still waiting on a ‘speed run’ order of three games from late Oct 2020.

Their prices have quickly gone up, their service has quickly gone down the toilet.

you have been waiting for the 15 day submission since October? what does their website say about the status of the order? have you tried contacting them?

4 hours ago, Count Hologram said:

WATA has become absolutely atrocious. Only will be using VGA going forward.

Still waiting on a ‘speed run’ order of three games from late Oct 2020.

Their prices have quickly gone up, their service has quickly gone down the toilet.

That seems unnormal, even for them. I placed a Speedrun order on 10/16/20 and had the games back before Christmas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just shipped off 11 games to get graded by WATA with the Turbo and Speed Run service levels. Also included in that package are two games for cross-over grading (I wish they had an option for that on their online submission but I guess not).  We'll see how long this will take.

Yeah, I really wish they would charge the grading amount until they are ready to ship not as soon as you create and finalize your submission order...  Hopefully they can change that at some point.  

Off topic, let's just say WATA found out that a game that was submitted is resealed.  Do they still charge the submission amount anyways or do they credit you back whatever submission tier you paid for since they are not encapsulating the game?  Curious to see if anyone has experienced this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, Caliboy24 said:

I just shipped off 11 games to get graded by WATA with the Turbo and Speed Run service levels. Also included in that package are two games for cross-over grading (I wish they had an option for that on their online submission but I guess not).  We'll see how long this will take.

Yeah, I really wish they would charge the grading amount until they are ready to ship not as soon as you create and finalize your submission order...  Hopefully they can change that at some point.  

Off topic, let's just say WATA found out that a game that was submitted is resealed.  Do they still charge the submission amount anyways or do they credit you back whatever submission tier you paid for since they are not encapsulating the game?  Curious to see if anyone has experienced this. Thanks.

any update on your order?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, cromag27 said:

any update on your order?

Yup! I just received grades for my Speed Run tiered games last night (3/16).  No updates yet for the ones in the Turbo Tier. So it seems that the Speed Run is around a month TAT. Oh and I am quite pleased with the grades 🙂

• Love 1

sent in a game to be graded "speedrun" tier on 3/2 and they recieved it 3/5, was put into grading on the 8th i believe.

Going off the estimated time i should get some sort of update by friday but we'll see what happens. Figured if any time of the year would be a more dead period it would be now. Though with all the hype i fear no time is the best time haha.

will update when i hear anything just to keep experiences current and give people an idea of what its looking like.

I sent in a Turbo run early January. We're sitting right at 45 business days now which is what the estimate was when I sent them in (but the estimate jumped to 60 days while in transit to Wata). Hopefully I'll hear something back in the next couple weeks. The longer time goes on the more I wish I would have just paid the few extra $ for Speedrun.

1 hour ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

I sent in a Turbo run early January. We're sitting right at 45 business days now which is what the estimate was when I sent them in (but the estimate jumped to 60 days while in transit to Wata). Hopefully I'll hear something back in the next couple weeks. The longer time goes on the more I wish I would have just paid the few extra $ for Speedrun.

there are people with turbo waiting grades from november.  youve got another 4 months at least id think.  im currently waiting a turbo from december

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jayleonis said:

there are people with turbo waiting grades from november.  youve got another 4 months at least id think.  im currently waiting a turbo from december

Yeah, their estimated turnaround time for Turbo went from 60 days to 90 days not too long ago. Here is hoping that estimate stays true.

Edited by Altrnte

contacted wata for an update as today was the 15th business day just to get a rough estimate of where i'm at.

was told it was in the line for the final grader and should be finished up early next week. thats customer service for maybe by next friday i'd assume, but it seems the 15 business day speedrun is hovering around 16-20, overall not as bad as some other points in time for them.

maybe not a terrible time for a submission 😁

Edited by avoin

Just in case people haven't noticed, they are literally getting more games in every day than they are grading. I believe Ken mentioned grading about 200 games a day in a podcast he did in December. As someone who sends in an order every 2 or 3 weeks, you can just do the order number math and see how many orders were created in the time span. Orders are still accelerating and the backlog will get worse every single day. I'd say conservatively do 1.5 or 2x the quoted time in business days and that is more realistic. 

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, jonebone said:

As someone who sends in an order every 2 or 3 weeks, you can just do the order number math and see how many orders were created in the time span.  

Orders are still accelerating and the backlog will get worse every single day. 

Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing how many games you typically send in at a time?

I was planning on doing the same, however, with the lengthy turn times I'm a bit hesitant because at some point WATA would have quite a few of my games and a lot of my money. I probably just need to suck it up and do it, otherwise, it's going to take me years to get stuff graded.

I'd be curious how the different tier priorities come into play on the TATs. For example, at some point I assume they'll have to get a turbo order done before a speedrun.

I sent two select orders on 6/15/2020 and have absolutely no clue when they will be graded. Looking back I should've just paid a few bucks more for the next tier but who would've known they would be so backed up. Hindsight.. Before Megan left she said they were due to be graded this month but I was a bit skeptical that would actually happen, lol. 

1 hour ago, epiczail said:

I sent two select orders on 6/15/2020 and have absolutely no clue when they will be graded. Looking back I should've just paid a few bucks more for the next tier but who would've known they would be so backed up. Hindsight.. Before Megan left she said they were due to be graded this month but I was a bit skeptical that would actually happen, lol. 

Currently waiting for a select order that I sent back in early May of 2020. It's been on "scanned" for nearly a year!

3 hours ago, epiczail said:

Someone on IG just posted a screen shot of their one year anniversary date on a select order being created.  You've got months still at minimum.  I have turbos from September not graded as well.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

Someone on IG just posted a screen shot of their one year anniversary date on a select order being created.  You've got months still at minimum.  I have turbos from September not graded as well.

Yeah this is pretty much what I had expected. Pretty awful experience. I took the email from them a couple months ago with a grain of salt. Sent another email a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard back. But emailing is pretty much useless. 

It surprises me they don't have a threshold for tiers when they have surpassed a certain date in their warehouse they jump the line. One would think they'd have to grow their team so they are able to grade more on time. 

3 minutes ago, epiczail said:

Yeah this is pretty much what I had expected. Pretty awful experience. I took the email from them a couple months ago with a grain of salt. Sent another email a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard back. But emailing is pretty much useless. 

It surprises me they don't have a threshold for tiers when they have surpassed a certain date in their warehouse they jump the line. One would think they'd have to grow their team so they are able to grade more on time. 

on point for me. they reply to all of my emails within a couple hours. 

speedrun tier got my grade back today, which is what i expected really. 

3/5 received, 4/2 graded. 20 business days total, 15 day estimate they were within a week so overall cant complain, of course itll probably take another week and a half to physically get to me but thats all fine. 

side note, stoked with the grade. got much higher than i had anticipated haha, but i'm certainly not an expert on that.