IGNORED

Nintendo World Championships

TheBG077

Hello,

I'm new to the trading and selling of video games scene.  A friend of mine has a Nintendo World Championships cartridge that he would like to sell, but we don't know exactly how to evaluate the worth of the cartridge, or how to go about finding a buyer.  I do know that this is a rare game, and it potentially has a high value.

Attached is a screenshot of the cartridge.  If anyone could help me with advice on where to go from here, I would greatly appreciate it!

Nintendo World Championships.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/nintendo-world-championship

obviously this doesn't reflect the private sales not reported, but here is an idea of what you have, obviously Im sure you already knew to an extent of what you had.

@TheBG077

Wow, they go back a while. My old cart that I sold back in 2012 is on there.

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

This cart will grade pretty low. I cannot see the top label but it looks lifted and damaged (Assuming that, it may grade around a 4.0ish). If someone offers your friend $40K cash for it ungraded. Take the money and run. IMO

ya top left corner of pics look lifted.

Thanks for the mention @Jeevan

Hi @TheBG077 is there any way you can share some additional photos with me? I track all known copies of this game and would appreciate anything else you can share. I do not track owners, sales data, or any identifying information other than the photo of the game and the number.

Your copy is the 82nd known copy to exist 🙂

• Like 4

Hello,

Thank you all for your comments and advice over the past few days.  It appears there has been a matter of the cartridge being stolen and sold out from under my friend.  We are trying to find out exactly who sold cartridge 0155.

Whoever did purchase it, if you're reading this, please send me a message.  Or if anyone has any information on this matter, please get in touch with me.

Thank you.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, TheBG077 said:

Hello,

Thank you all for your comments and advice over the past few days.  It appears there has been a matter of the cartridge being stolen and sold out from under my friend.  We are trying to find out exactly who sold cartridge 0155.

Whoever did purchase it, if you're reading this, please send me a message.  Or if anyone has any information on this matter, please get in touch with me.

Thank you.

Some more details please. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 7/11/2020 at 2:27 PM, Deadeye said:

@TheBG077 what do you mean by stolen?  As in someone broke into his home, stole it, and then sold it to someone?

The impression I got was that someone they know sold it without their knowledge, however I could be completely wrong on that, that's just what I took from it judging by the wording.

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

@ZeldaFreak the impression I got was the theft was committed by someone who knows the owner as well.  They would need to know where the owner lived in order to get to it.

Yeah, that's even shittier than a standard theft if that is the case. That's awful.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:40 PM, ThePhleo said:

Thanks for the mention @Jeevan

Hi @TheBG077 is there any way you can share some additional photos with me? I track all known copies of this game and would appreciate anything else you can share. I do not track owners, sales data, or any identifying information other than the photo of the game and the number.

Your copy is the 82nd known copy to exist 🙂

This message immediately followed by a post that the cart was stolen? Can't believe I'm the first to say this was clearly a scam and Phleo asking for more info put the breaks on it. There were plenty of these threads on NA. Always starts, "I'm new to video game hobby and happened upon this NWC cart. I would like to sell or help a friend sell." People ask for more photos beyond the one doctored one the poster has and all of a sudden the item is gone, lost, sold. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@NESfiend I didn't even consider this.  Didn't know a similar situation as this happened before. 

Stuff like this happened enough on nintendo age FS/FO threads so often. To the point where, when people did put up legitimate threads on high priced items, a bunch of members would immediately post about suspicions it was a fake or they didn't really have the item. Finding a photo on an nwc cart is a good start toward scamming someone into sending thousands of dollars. It never works, here at least. 

Administrator · Posted

A tiny bit of photoshop effort later and observe the below.

Side-by-side of OP's photo vs a NO. 0333 from a quickie google for comparison of similar images. One thing you tend to look for when looking for 'shopped images is sections that were taken from other images and/or created by hand with weak artifact recreation.

Notice how the image on the right has no discernible straight edges in the pixellation. It's a smooth "gradient" from the numbers to anywhere else on the image. Note, however, with OP's image that the ENTIRE "NO. 0155" section looks to be a single rectangle, as well as different pixel density compared to the rest of the image.

It's not 100%, but without further evidence from OP I can pretty surely tell you that the images provided are fake. There's evidence of this all over the image.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Wow! 2

Moderator · Posted

I seem to remember a similar thread on NA in its last days: someone else acquired the cart, but here was this friend, new to the forum and video game collecting who wanted to help his friend. And somehow we're supposed to believe that two people no one in the community has heard of bumbled into the most valuable cart and need help figuring out what to do with it. Life isn't fair, but it isn't that unfair.

10 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

And somehow we're supposed to believe that two people no one in the community has heard of bumbled into the most valuable cart and need help figuring out what to do with it. Life isn't fair, but it isn't that unfair.

Lol yeah, if your buddy tasked you with helping him sell a 5 figure item, you would probably know more than "it potentially has high value."