IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Micro Machines

BeaIank

For anyone using an Everdrive or emulator for this game... I was only ever able to get Nestopia to work. Even my Everdrive won't load this. They all crash in the same way. Save from hacking the ROM to use a different mapper, maybe someone can PM me what they did, please? 🙂 Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I only got it to work on MESEN........I had the same sperience as @ninjistar did.  @NESfiend u have an everdrive or whatever right?  how did u get it to work?

I have the retroUSB power pak, which is a flash cart. I thought everdrives were the same thing with every game preloaded, where I have to put roms on an SD card to load games onto it. 

When I got it, I googled nes roms and went to the first site that came up. I can find it again.  I put a bunch of contest games on there including this and had no issues. I played the actual cart some this week in the basement. Plays exactly like the one on my flash cart

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I have the retroUSB power pak, which is a flash cart. I thought everdrives were the same thing with every game preloaded, where I have to put roms on an SD card to load games onto it. 

When I got it, I googled nes roms and went to the first site that came up. I can find it again.  I put a bunch of contest games on there including this and had no issues. I played the actual cart some this week in the basement. Plays exactly like the one on my flash cart

might send it to @ninjistar via pm if u can 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

Thanks guys! Hybrid helped me out as well. I did a binary comparison on a working versus non-working ROM. The difference was 4 total bytes, which appear to include the (1) mapper (02 versus 71), (2) VSync versus HSync, (3) other things?

🤔

I have an Everdrive and it works fine on mine although I don't know the technical details. Do you have the current firmware? There was an update back in January that included several mapper fixes.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

19 hours ago, Jeevan said:

participation run for now......fuck this game lol......

race 3 dun!!!!! 

race 18 or 19, however u say it......i beat 18 and got to 19 🤷‍♂️

friggin second tanks man!!!!! 

20200712_212832.thumb.jpg.a88f351b702ef6b8f75f1521d4ebc135.jpg

Nicely done! The tanks are a bitch. I spent a long time thinking the game had 12 really fun levels and 13 was just a programming mistake. The CPU on the tanks are just relentless. 

I did one more run after my son went down and got to 22 again. But this time I had six lives. Never had close to that. And now I am done with no score update. One day ill tackle that third helicopter stage. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

Nicely done! The tanks are a bitch. I spent a long time thinking the game had 12 really fun levels and 13 was just a programming mistake. The CPU on the tanks are just relentless. 

I did one more run after my son went down and got to 22 again. But this time I had six lives. Never had close to that. And now I am done with no score update. One day ill tackle that third helicopter stage. 

tank levels are by far the worst, i remember hating them as a kid lol  i think this is the first time i got this far, i dont think i beat first tank level as a kid.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

BTW @NESfiend

She has done several commissioned pieces for me as well 😉     

I bought a lot from her and am about to commission some more from her.

Edit:  Also, she has done the ones for the nes weekly prizes!!

I would bet that he knew it as he won the Gradius cross-stitch, hehe!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

tank levels are by far the worst, i remember hating them as a kid lol  i think this is the first time i got this far, i dont think i beat first tank level as a kid.

Tanks can be very annoying races, but my personal trick is to work a maximum of diagonals trajectory on the race. It seems the CPU follow more strictly the layout of the races, but there's a lot of diagonals opportunities that can makes you cut to the chase while the CPU don't do it.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

This week in the NES Weekly contest we took a look back into childhood iconic toys of the 1990's with the Micro Machines, on the Nintendo Entertainment System!!!!

1st place(s) competition rank was open to hardcore fans of Micro Machines who could complete the Challenge mode, and three valiant souls were up to the challenge. @bertsampson, @Bearcat-Doug and @Tablew/chairs went all way through the champion cup, and thus are tied for the golden spot this week. This makes two consecutive 1st places for Table, which marks the return of this highly skilled player to the heat of the competition. One thing sounds sure, is that the Chair is looking right to earning a tournament spot for the rest of the season, lookout for him!

Following closely behind, we have @NESfiend who make it up to race 22, 'The Leafy Bends', just a few races shy of reaching the final race. Then, @Jeevan work it up from a race 3 participation score to a highly respectable run to race 19, aka the 'Wide Awake War-Zone'. Coming next, three other usual rankers filled the rest of the panel, @0xDEAFC0DE to race 15 'Pencil Plateaux', @Gaia Gensouki to race 13 'Bedroom Battlefield' and @ninjistar to race 11 'Fruit Juice Follies'. Man, gotta love those fancy race names!

Thanks to everyone participating in the contest thread and let's resume the fun with notorious NES Weekly Contest 'Poor man's Double Dragon', yes you guessed it right, Target Renegade.

• Like 3

• The topic was unpinned