IGNORED

Improvements to the Classifieds System!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

After collecting some feedback from people, we've added a new feature to the Classifieds/Market section of the site!

Now, whenever you create a Classified, the system will automagically create a topic in the appropriate section of the forum AS WELL, and the two will be linked together. 

With this update you will get more eyes on your listings with using the Classifieds system, as people will see it in their activity streams in the case that they have it filtered to only show the latest posts (or anything like that). The thread that is automatically created will have the same basic info as the listing, and a link to it so people can check out the photos etc..

FURTHER! The system will also automatically add to the beginning of your thread title an appropriate tag: [FS/O/T] or [WTB]. So don't worry about adding those to your listing, we do it for you! 

Please consider the automatic threads as REAL threads, feel free to post in them, bump them if you like to do so manually, etc.. The only thing I'd ask is that you not manually create any duplicates. We'd like people to continue to stick to one active thread at a time, per category. 

Any questions or further feedback let us know!

Example Activity Stream now:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is a really convenient addition.  I made my first sale through classifieds last week and it was a great experience.  If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it.  I don't see myself going back to bumping a forum thread.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

How does it work with multiple transactions from one listing? Say someone is selling their homebrew at quantity, or in my case right now, buying sundries from multiple people (currently talking to 2, and open to more)? I would like to exchange feedback with each. 

Administrator · Posted
On 7/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, Link said:

How does it work with multiple transactions from one listing? Say someone is selling their homebrew at quantity, or in my case right now, buying sundries from multiple people (currently talking to 2, and open to more)? I would like to exchange feedback with each. 

Should work fine, just reference the same thread for each.