IGNORED

Movie Debate #24: Office Space

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested
    • Never seen it, never will

I just watched the clip in the OP. Yeah, I need to watch this again. I might need to rate it higher. I gave it a 7 because I never trust the tastes of my younger self, but I think I might have corrected in the wrong direction.

Edited by RH

One critique I have about this movie, like all office comedy from the decade, was their demonizing of cubicles. Yeah, they were claustrophobia-inducing, but today you'd be pretty lucky if you hade your own private space, since most people just get a crappy little desk next to someone else. Hell you probably have even less space. And at least with cubicles it was a lot easier to get away with not working.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gary Hobbesworth said:

One critique I have about this movie, like all office comedy from the decade, was their demonizing of cubicles. Yeah, they were claustrophobia-inducing, but today you'd be pretty lucky if you hade your own private space, since most people just get a crappy little desk next to someone else. Hell you probably have even less space. And at least with cubicles it was a lot easier to get away with not working.

I work in commercial construction and open area spaces are going away quick because of Covid. Long live the cubicles!