Sign in to follow this  
Reed Rothchild

Movie Debate #24: Office Space

Rate it  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested
    • Never seen it, never will

You guys are missing out. So many great quotes.

I saw it once when I was in college, which was right after it was released to DVD.  It was good.  I like Mike Judge and King of the Hill is probably one of my favorite animated TV shows of all time.

But, I agree with @Hammerfestus, as good as it is, it's a bit overrated.  7 of 10.

I was in high school when it came out and saw it in the theater, didn't get it at all and thought it was totally stupid.  Then I graduated college and got my first office job...the movie is amazing. So spot on.

12 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I was in high school when it came out and saw it in the theater, didn't get it at all and thought it was totally stupid.  Then I graduated college and got my first office job...the movie is amazing. So spot on.

Yep, you think the characters are made up....and then you get a job in corporate America and realize those idiots exist. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I put 8, but I'd have to watch it again to accurately gauge it. I haven't seen it since high school when it was on Comedy Central... it must have been on almost every day. I've had it on in the background way, way too much. Edit: Apparently I have this is an 8 from when I rated it way back when.

Edited by DefaultGen

4 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Yep, you think the characters are made up....and then you get a job in corporate America and realize those idiots exist. 

We have a Milton where I work. Not as heavy set, but the mumbly voice is the same. He also works in a secluded cubicle deep in the building. 

No word on whether he has a red stapler.

• Haha 2

Amazing movie.  I would rate it 9.5 if I could.  So many good quotes.  So many good scenes.  So many good characters.  

I actually enjoyed it when I was in high school, but it definitely became better after I started working in an office environment.  

15 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I have one at both my home office and my work office.  

20200702_173530.jpg

I had a coworker with one for years and was always jealous. 9/10 and not far from 10. If it's on cable, I'm done channel surfing. Samir is a badass

• Like 1