IGNORED

Best Nintendo Switch eShop Digital Only Titles? Best Switch eShop Exclusives?

Makar

I have some eShop money to spend. I'm looking for good Nintendo switch games you can only get digitally on the eShop. If they have a physical version, I'm not interested. Let me hear what your favorite switch eShop digital only games are.

I am also interested in hearing what your favorite eShop digital only games that you can only get on switch and not pc, 3ds, NES, etc are. Thanks!

Edited by Makar

8 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Do you mean like Contra and Castlevania Anniversary collections or exclusive eshop games that are not on other consoles or PC?

Also, does it count if the physical release is available in Japan or Asia only?

Changed the title and added a bit in the description. Really just looking for the best switch eShop digital only games. But also stuff I can only find on switch that isn't a port of something like an NES game because then I'd just buy the physical original game unless it's crazy expensive.

Edited by Makar

It’s hard to say, most good digital only games eventually get a physical release, either via standard retail or a limited run. So a lot of the really good games we could suggest to you may have limited print physical copies floating around somewhere.

35 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

It’s hard to say, most good digital only games eventually get a physical release, either via standard retail or a limited run. So a lot of the really good games we could suggest to you may have limited print physical copies floating around somewhere.

Yea I kinda figured that was the case. If there's a physical option, I'll always get that. Trying to see what's out there that only has a digital release. Like pocket card jockey on 3DS. Great game but only ever released on the 3DS eShop. 

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Cadence of Hyrule is a really good one, I beat that game some time ago. I don't... think it has a physical release? If I'm not mistaken anyway, and I'm pretty sure it's a Switch exclusive.

Thanks good sir! I kinda brushed this one off since it's a rhythm game (not the biggest fan of this genre) but I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Makar said:

Thanks good sir! I kinda brushed this one off since it's a rhythm game (not the biggest fan of this genre) but I'll check it out. 

It is technically a rhythm game, but it has a lot of Zelda-y components in it, so I still really enjoyed playing it. It's not just a rhythm game, there's a lot more going on in the gameplay department, which is why I liked it. You can look up gameplay of it if you haven't seen any. It really did just kind of feel like a Zelda game mixed with a rhythm game, it worked very well. I'd definitely recommend checking it out even if you aren't usually a fan of rhythm games, as the rhythm aspect is very simple to get ahold of since it isn't the sole focus of the gameplay. I got pretty good at it by the end and I usually suck at rhythm games.